NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If you think about it the Suns did everything in their power to play the Lakers in the 1st lmao. They lost the right gms and won the right gms to make sure they have no where to go but 2. 

I'm with it, the Lakers are obviously going to be tough but one team has played damn bear all their games with their rotation and the other has only played a handful games together. Even today the Lakers were up big and then allowed the Pacers to come back as the entire offense ranked in the 4th quarter. Better to play the Lakers early then waiting for them to catch rhythm and get in sync. At that point they are going to be awfully hard to beat. 

Let's see what the Nuggets do tomorrow. A win almost guarantees them the Lakers. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Clippers winning secured them not playing the Lakers round 1, huh? Because if the Nuggets beat the Blazers they get the 3rd seed but if they lose then Portland gets the 6th seed. Scary boys, lol.

Yep, the Clippers can’t play the Lakers in the first round regardless off any result. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm with it, the Lakers are obviously going to be tough but one team has played damn bear all their games with their rotation and the other has only played a handful games together. Even today the Lakers were up big and then allowed the Pacers to come back as the entire offense ranked in the 4th quarter. Better to play the Lakers early then waiting for them to catch rhythm and get in sync. At that point they are going to be awfully hard to beat. 

The Lakers with all of their size are just a super tough matchup for anyone, especially a smaller team like the Suns.

No idea if Schroder actually had COVID or not, but he looked kinda slower and definitely rusty. Legs definitely weren't  there in the first game back after a couple weeks off. It's still amazing the Clippers didn't smell blood in the water lol. I don't think its crazy to think the Jazz could beat them.

I'll have a lot of respect for Jokic and that Denver squad if they don't throw the game tomorrow.

If they do I won't blame them either and Jokic should still be MVP regardless.  Been seeing some people been saying he's gonna play to ensure MVP as if that isn't already a lock lol... or at least it should be.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers with all of their size are just a super tough matchup for anyone, especially a smaller team like the Suns.

Yeah. Plus, we can defend Paul/Booker much better on switches with guys like Schroder (6'3"), Caruso (6'5"), and KCP (6'5") than say the Clippers wings that can shoot over the top of them even when they are in good position.

I'm not taking the Suns lightly by any means, but we do match-up favorably against them. Drummond was making Ayton look small on the boards.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. Plus, we can defend Paul/Booker much better on switches with guys like Schroder (6'3"), Caruso (6'5"), and KCP (6'5") than say the Clippers wings that can shoot over the top of them even when they are in good position.

I'm not taking the Suns lightly by any means, but we do match-up favorably against them. Drummond was making Ayton look small on the boards.

And the Lakers bring Harrell and Gasol off the bench down low while the Suns backup center is Saric.

Just now, NYRaider said:

And the Lakers bring Harrell and Gasol off the bench down low while the Suns backup center is Saric.

Oh yeah. Kaminsky and Saric are food for AD and Trez. 

I'm really interested in how the center rotation is gonna play out. They are gonna have to go away from Drummond, Gasol, and Trez at different times. They all add a different element, but also have specific weaknesses which means series to series Vogel is gonna have to make the right decision about who gets run. I trust him to bench guys like he did with McGee and Howard. Hopefully he just makes that decision sooner rather than later when its obvious it needs to be made.

47 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No idea if Schroder actually had COVID or not, but he looked kinda slower and definitely rusty. Legs definitely weren't  there in the first game back after a couple weeks off. It's still amazing the Clippers didn't smell blood in the water lol. I don't think its crazy to think the Jazz could beat them.

lmfao

• Like 1