NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

I know people hate Draymond for his antics and how much he talks, but with a straight face would you really take another defender than him in a high pressure series/game? Like Gobert may win DPOY, but is he having THAT type of impact that we saw from Draymond last night? Dude single handedly takes away the lob threat, kills most of the actions the opposing team runs, can guard guys like AD one on one, can switch out on damn near any perimeter player and is super active. I guess the one guy you can argue is AD, but he doesn't bring nearly the same type of defensive intensity that Draymond does. 

Damn I wish the man could give a consistent 10-12 points a game. Would be a complete game changer and open the offense up......That let's be real is VERY limited outside of Steph. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Bring it on, Steph. Let's do this.

I'm actually very nervous for this game. The last one came down to the wire and Brooks who led the comeback fouled out in the 4th quarter. It's going to come down to others making shots and I'm just not too confident in that happening. It's going to be a grind it out type of game that is low scoring. 

Would be such a bummer not to see Steph in the playoffs even if the team has little to no chance of doing much. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm actually very nervous for this game. The last one came down to the wire and Brooks who led the comeback fouled out in the 4th quarter. It's going to come down to others making shots and I'm just not too confident in that happening. It's going to be a grind it out type of game that is low scoring. 

Would be such a bummer not to see Steph in the playoffs even if the team has little to no chance of doing much. 

If I'm being honest I'm picking the Warriors. Gotta trust Steph over the Grizzlies, especially if the refs call a tighter game. But I do agree it'll be a close game.

Grizzlies gonna make a 2010 Thunder like jump next season. Decline Winslow's option, go hard after and get one of Norman Powell or Tim Hardaway, Jr., sign JJJ to a reasonable extension, then profit.

Edited by seminoles1

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If I'm being honest I'm picking the Warriors. Gotta trust Steph over the Grizzlies, especially if the refs call a tighter game. But I do agree it'll be a close game.

Grizzlies gonna make a 2010 Thunder like jump next season. Decline Winslow's option, go hard after and get one of Norman Powell or Tim Hardaway, Jr., sign JJJ to a reasonable extension, then profit.

Yeah, Grizzlies are one of the teams prone to make a jump soon.

Steph is Steph but the way defenses guard him, especially late in games, it will almost always come down to the role players making their open shots. Even after Bron's three, Poole had a wide open look from the corner and just missed it. I trust Draymond to do more offensively and lead the charge defensively, but Wiggins is going to have to score 20+. If not, I don't think the Warriors win. 

57 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Go off Ja, we need a Michael Conley revenge series. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Jazz had the best record in the league. They aren’t the best team in the league. There’s plenty of examples of teams who just take the regular season more serious than others and secure the 1 seed and then proceed to get beat in the playoffs. The jazz are maybe the 3rd best team in the west. 

We were hurt all year and were smacking teams with Joe Ingles starting at PG. Houston won 17 games, please take Rockets talk to the draft thread. We aren't discussing teams that won less than 20 games in this thread. 

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We were hurt all year and were smacking teams with Joe Ingles starting at PG. Houston won 17 games, please take Rockets talk to the draft thread. We aren't discussing teams that won less than 20 games in this thread. 

Let's not go down this route...