NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I didn't say available.  I said healthy.  It literally took Donovan Mitchell to score 40+ points in three games last year, and ironically they went 0-3 in those games.

This year we're a much more balanced team. Our biggest issues in previous years in the playoffs were that we didn't have enough shooting or playmaking around Mitchell so teams were able to just key on him. We were the best 3 point shooting team in the league and have Clarkson, Conley, Ingles, and Bogdanovic that can all get their own buckets. The Jazz are legit this season, I'm excited for the league to see it. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This year we're a much more balanced team. Our biggest issues in previous years in the playoffs were that we didn't have enough shooting or playmaking around Mitchell so teams were able to just key on him. We were the best 3 point shooting team in the league and have Clarkson, Conley, Ingles, and Bogdanovic that can all get their own buckets. The Jazz are legit this season, I'm excited for the league to see it. 

It seems like just yesterday you were calling Clarkson a chucker.

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's amazing what playing for the best coach in the league can do for a players game. 

He's literally doing the exact same thing he did with the Lakers as he is with the Jazz.  The only difference is Utah has a great team around him, and the Lakers didn't.

Just now, CWood21 said:

He's literally doing the exact same thing he did with the Lakers as he is with the Jazz.  The only difference is Utah has a great team around him, and the Lakers didn't.

He was very good for us this year, his efficiency tapered off when he had to take on a bigger load due to Conley/Mitchell missing time. But honestly in the long run I think those two being out will help us in the postseason because Bogdanovic finally found his stroke again and is playing really well coming into the playoffs. He wasn't the same player earlier in the season coming off of the wrist injury. 

random lakers dubs game thoughts:

Drummond AD Bron on the floor was just horrible. Zero spacing little off ball moving and we got a bad offensive display first half.

Dennis is not a starting PG. He’s a good player but he is not a good on ball player to play with Lebron. He can’t hit the 3 consistently off the catch and he forces the issue to much when Bron and AD are on the floor. He is a BIG usage guy. He didnt even start in OKC but thought he could merit one in LA? Tuh buddy you in a world of hurt when you have to guard the elite guards of the west in the offs and expect to produce offensively. Best role is 6th man

Need to play Marcus Morris with Lebron and AD. Adds better shooting to the perimeter while still crashing boards. KCP and Caurso can play along with the trio. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see. I think we're a pretty bad matchup for the Clippers to be honest. We were able to shut down Pandemic P every time we matched up against him this season. I honestly won't even be surprised if the Mavericks beat the Clippers first round. And I think Lakers fans are overestimating their team writing the Suns off as an easy win.

What’s the difference between this Jazz team last year defensively vs PG then this 1? Because Clips IIRC won season series last year

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

What’s the difference between this Jazz team last year defensively vs PG then this 1? Because Clips IIRC won season series last year

We won the season series this year? The Jazz bringing back Favors was also a huge boost for us defensively because last year we didn't have any rim protection whenever Gobert wasn't on the floor. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We won the season series this year? The Jazz bringing back Favors was also a huge boost for us defensively because last year we didn't have any rim protection whenever Gobert wasn't on the floor. 

I dont really buy the stock of reg season play. Was looking for the addition of a player and there it is. I hope yall pull it off

1 minute ago, indifference said:

I dont really buy the stock of reg season play. Was looking for the addition of a player and there it is. I hope yall pull it off

We're actually healthy coming into the playoffs this year too. Having Bogdanovic and Favors in our rotation this year will make a huge difference for us. 

Last season we had a bunch of new pieces in the rotation and we never really seemed to click as a team. Our ball movement and team defense is much better this year. Conley is world's better this season, he has finally gotten used to playing next to a ball dominant guard in Mitchell and with a big like Rudy. Last year Conley wasn't great in pick-n-roll with Rudy because he was so used to playing with Marc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That may be so, but Houston was awful.  And Miami was even worse.

The Lakers won a glorified AAU tournament with probably the easiest path to a championship in NBA history. Mickey mouse ring.