NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Curry, Embiid, and Jokic are officially the 3 MVP finalists. 

No surprise there. You could’ve argued  Giannis who was probably 4th over Embiid who played like 15% less of the season, but I’m glad he got the nod. Doubt Giannis is fretting about being nominated. It’s a cool honor for Joel even though he won’t win obviously missing like 30% of the season. He was amazing when healthy.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No surprise there. You could’ve argued  Giannis who was probably 4th over Embiid who played like 15% less of the season, but I’m glad he got the nod. Doubt Giannis is fretting about being nominated. It’s a cool honor for Joel even though he won’t win obviously missing like 30% of the season. He was amazing when healthy.

Rudy should've been top 3, he has been incredible this year.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy should've been top 3, he has been incredible this year.

Respectfully disagree. Should run away with DPOY, but offense is still what is valued most. Like it or not. Especially in today’s high scoring era. To me it makes what Rudy did as the cornerstone of that D that much more impressive though.

I truly hate how much defense is down played though. Like whenever I hear Lillard MVP talks why isn’t his awful defense brought up or Steph Curry’s all time placement why isn’t his defense brought up? I don’t get it.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Respectfully disagree. Should run away with DPOY, but offense is still what is valued most. Like it or not. Especially in today’s high scoring era. To me it makes what Rudy did as the cornerstone of that D that much more impressive though.

I truly hate how much defense is down played though. Like whenever I hear Lillard MVP talks why isn’t his awful defense brought up or Steph Curry’s all time placement why isn’t his defense brought up? I don’t get it.

Rudy's screen setting has a huge impact for us offensively though. John Hollinger had Rudy #2 on his MVP list this year. Conley/Mitchell missed a combined 40 games and we were still able to lock down the best record in the league. 

Rudy was 3rd in the league in real +/- at 6.55 behind only Stephen Curry and LeBron James. He was also 1st in real defensive +/- at 8.00 while Clint Capela was #2 at 4.98. Gobert was also second in the league in real +/- wins at 16.52 behind only Stephen Curry. 

Mitchell and Conley missed a combined 40 games and we still finished with the best record in the league and were one of the only teams in NBA history to be top 3 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not a big fan of the play in at all, but this would be cool if they could make it happen. I’d watch for sure.

So the fringe playoff and middling teams get the #1 pick every year? I get trying to eliminate tanking but talk about keeping bad teams bad much longer. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

So the fringe playoff and middling teams get the #1 pick every year? I get trying to eliminate tanking but talk about keeping bad teams bad much longer. 

I like the new lottery odds and how they essentially give the bottom 3 teams an equal chance to get the #1 pick.