NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He did that at the age of 19 while showing the type of feel you don't see from 10 year vets. He's going to be a perennial all star starting in the near future. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. It's okay to admit you missed on a prospect. 

LaMelo certainly surprised me this year and he's good but I think he's a little overrated. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Their best player missed 40% of the season.

LaMelo wasn't right after the injury. Never got back in a rhythm after he came back.

Hornets were too young to do anything in the playoffs anyways. They would've got smoked by Philly/Brooklyn lol.

Forget never getting in rhythm, he messed his wrist up again in the Pelicans game trying to block someone and hitting on the backboard. After that game his efficiency took a big hit in the last five or so games. But he was as advertised overall. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Lamelo shot like 24% from 3 and averaged more turnovers than assists in Australia. He had his moments but he put up decent stats on a below .500 team this year. 

The big thing with him even dating back to HS was taking a lot of bad threes/shots. That wasn't gonna fly in the NBA. But, that's what assistant coaches/development is for. No guy in the draft is a finished product, but Melo has a basketball iq/passing ability that can't be taught. You can teach defense, shot selection, and pack muscle on the dude.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget never getting in rhythm, he messed his wrist up again in the Pelicans game trying to block someone and hitting on the backboard. After that game his efficiency took a big hit in the last five or so games. But he was as advertised overall. 

Yeah it was a great rookie year for him. I still think he should win ROY over Edwards.

Haliburton with the HM.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LaMelo certainly surprised me this year and he's good but I think he's a little overrated. 

Kid makes super flashy/exciting plays. Both him and Edwards may be getting a little overrated rn, but both of them have potential to be future stars in this league.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lakers - 11 turnovers

Warriors - 20 turnovers

Grizzlies - 13 turnovers

Warriors - 21 turnvovers

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

When you have only a few offensive threats that's what happens. Guys look to pass instead of score and that leads to turnovers. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

When you have only a few offensive threats that's what happens. Guys look to pass instead of score and that leads to turnovers. 

Yeah I know. They were scrambling a lot of the time and like I know the Lakers are the top defense and Grizzlies are a pretty good one too, but still some of those just left me shaking my head. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Guys shouldn't trash talk mid game... got it.. saw lakers twitter get there panties in a bundle earlier didn't think it would get on here

If it was Draymond or Curry that is one thing. Imagine McLemore or THT talking **** to Steph.