NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

Bro be real NBA was never gonna do anything to LeBron. Suspended him no but they were never gonna keep him out of games for safety protocols. I’m not even saying anything bad just facts. Think the NBA is gonna remove a player if LeBron status lol 

Also from what we know he is not vaccinated. Schröder Spilled the beans about that already. 

Again I’m not even here saying they should sit him just saying he was never in danger of missing any games. 

Edited by agarcia34

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Also from what we know he is not vaccinated. Schröder Spilled the beans about that already. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Bro be real NBA was never gonna do anything to LeBron. Suspended him no but they were never gonna keep him out of games for safety protocols. I’m not even saying anything bad just facts. Think the NBA is gonna remove a player if LeBron status lol 

I'm not arguing against that. I'm already well aware the NBA ain't about to suspend their stars.

Remember when Harden was f'ing with the Rockets running around clubs maskless trying to get traded?

Just a fine.

Remember when Kyrie was violating health & safety protocol a while back?

Just a fine.

The NBA ain't suspending these guys unless they repeatedly do it and give them no choice and even then... idk.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, because it included the Lakers vs Warriors. That doesn't mean that the Jazz/Grizzlies is not going to be a ratings disaster though. 

Do you work for the NBA? Who cares. The NFL draft did 2x as many views as the most watched NBA game this season.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Different champions since 2000 in the 4 major sports 

NBA -8 
NFL- 13
MLB -14 
NHL-12 

like I said a few days ago, the NBA is the only sport where guys care about the market. It’s super weird. 

because its less players in the sport and the main guy on a nba team can make more of an impact than the main guy in baseball and football. its easier to form a super team in the nba. not to mention pro basketball players have a bigger ego than pro football and baseball players do.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, MookieMonstah said:

Different champions since 2000 in the 4 major sports 

NBA -8 
NFL- 13
MLB -14 
NHL-12 

like I said a few days ago, the NBA is the only sport where guys care about the market. It’s super weird. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:53 AM, Texansfan713 said:

because its less players in the sport and the main guy on a nba team can make more of an impact than the main guy in baseball and football. its easier to form a super team in the nba. not to mention pro basketball players have a bigger ego than pro football and baseball players do.

I think you both have points, but @Texansfan713 hits it on the head for me for the bolded.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you both have points, but @Texansfan713 hits it on the head for me for the bolded.

It’s a fair point, but it doesn’t really negate my point at all. Plenty of small market teams have had some of the best players in the league. It’s considerably harder to keep them and bring in a supporting cast.

The NBA is the only league where guys care about “market size” when making a decision. It’s strange and it really kills parity in the league which is why NBA ratings are falling farther behind. I think the common fan can only enjoy it so much when they know guys like Zion, Ja etc. will just inevitably leave for a big market team. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s a fair point, but it doesn’t really negate my point at all. Plenty of small market teams have had some of the best players in the league. It’s considerably harder to keep them and bring in a supporting cast.

The NBA is the only league where guys care about “market size” when making a decision. It’s strange and it really kills parity in the league which is why NBA ratings are falling farther behind. I think the common fan can only enjoy it so much when they know guys like Zion, Ja etc. will just inevitably leave for a big market team. 

The NFL is the only league where players don't care about market size.

18 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The NFL is the only league where players don't care about market size.

Disagree. Plenty of small market MLB teams have retained superstars and made huge splash signings. In the NBA literally EVERY superstar is pegged to LA/NY/MIA/DAL/HOU etc. 

Until the NBA finds a way to create parity they will continue to lose viewership/fans I think.