Jump to content

NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

if you take out lebron, basically all the best players on the title teams were drafted by them. you can go back to the 80s... and it is still the same. kawhi was traded for, he didn't choose to go there.

oakland, toronto, cleveland, san antonio, detroit, miami, and boston are 7 of the 9 cities that have won title since 2000... none of which are in the top 5 media markets. And Dallas won with a player they drafted. so lebron is basically the only player to go to a big market team and win the title as the best player. like almost in the history of the nba lol

Edited by 11sanchez11
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

baseball players dont either. 

If the Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox went back to spending unlimited amounts then they'd go back to signing every free agent.

Hockey players are obsessed with NY and Boston.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if you take out lebron, basically all the best players on the title teams were drafted by them. you can go back to the 80s... and it is still the same. kawhi was traded for, he didn't choose to go there.

oakland, toronto, cleveland, san antonio, detroit, miami, and boston are 7 of the 9 cities that have won title since 2000... none of which are in the top 5 media markets. And Dallas won with a player they drafted. so lebron is basically the only player to go to a big market team and win the title as the best player. like almost in the history of the nba lol

If you think Steph is better than Durant, then sure.

If the Nets win this season then you can add them to the list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get it. You draft a player and you are given 7 years minimum to build around them or convince them that this is a winning environment. Yet you want me to have sympathy when they eventually leave for a potentially a bigger market?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you think Steph is better than Durant, then sure.

If the Nets win this season then you can add them to the list. 

6 of the last 9 NBA championship teams best players were guys they didn't draft: Lakers (LeBron), Raptors (Kawhi), Warriors x2 (Durant), Heat x2 (LeBron). 

And even looking back the last 20 years the Lakers won 3 championships with Shaq, who they didn't draft. 

The Pistons won a championship with a roster full of players they didn't draft. 

The Celtics won a championship and you can make a case that KG was their best player, who they didn't draft. 

So since 2020 like 11/20 championship teams were led by players that they didn't draft. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And even looking back the last 20 years the Lakers won 3 championships with Shaq, who they didn't draft. 

I mean, if you want to discredit the impact Kobe had on the Lakers sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you want to discredit the impact Kobe had on the Lakers sure.

Kobe was great but Shaq was their best player.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:
11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kobe was great but Shaq was their best player.

It’s not even debatable, tbh.

Yes Shaq was the better player during that 3 peat time period.

Kobe was the more consistent player over the regular seasons though. Shaq would get out of shape and work his way back into shape and dominate come playoff time. His 99-00 season is an all timer without a doubt. Probably a top 5 or top 10 at worst season ever by a player.

Kobe was also 21, 22, and 23 during the 3 peat. Shaq was 27, 28, and 29. That is a huge difference. Kobe was a much better player at 27-29 than he was when he was like a 21 or 22 year old. He was still pretty amazing that 2nd year of the 3 peat and if he didn't come back in that first year from that ankle injury to will the Lakers over Indy in game 4 who knows how that series goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you think Steph is better than Durant, then sure.

A great indicator is which player did opposing teams focus there defensive game plans towards.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2021 at 8:17 AM, Texansfan713 said:

baseball players dont either. 

Baseball is also a little different with the lack of a salary cap and teams being able to throw unreal contracts at players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t get it. You draft a player and you are given 7 years minimum to build around them or convince them that this is a winning environment. Yet you want me to have sympathy when they eventually leave for a potentially a bigger market?

To build a team where NO relative free agents will sign... let’s not act like it’s apples to apples. The NBA has a legitimate issue. Do they care? Probably not, but don’t act shocked when viewership continues to decline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CWood21 locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...