NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why?

Because the Dame-CJ backcourt has come up short year in and year out. And Dame will be 31 next season so their window to try to win with him is now. He's really the only piece they have on their roster that they could trade and receive a good player back for. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Because the Dame-CJ backcourt has come up short year in and year out. And Dame will be 31 next season so their window to try to win with him is now. He's really the only piece they have on their roster that they could trade and receive a good player back for. 

Okay...understood. I really dont watch a bunch of POR games - so the dynamics of their roster are somewhat lost on me - but - after making my comment I figured to go find an answer and have to say the results are mixed....

CJ's certainly a contributor on offense. Defense - I've no clue. But, he's second in both minutes and points behind Dame. Interestingly, his contract is up after this season. Now, they own his Bird rights and I've no idea how all the NBA rights and exceptions clauses work (and dont care to know actually.....).

I dont see a "step up" SG in their stats.......

I was gonna say I think they need a bonafide big man - but Nurkic has a good stat line. Wish the Lakers C's had as good.

Interesting that Dame's put it out there who he wants for HC.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay...understood. I really dont watch a bunch of POR games - so the dynamics of their roster are somewhat lost on me - but - after making my comment I figured to go find an answer and have to say the results are mixed....

CJ's certainly a contributor on offense. Defense - I've no clue. But, he's second in both minutes and points behind Dame. Interestingly, his contract is up after this season. Now, they own his Bird rights and I've no idea how all the NBA rights and exceptions clauses work (and dont care to know actually.....).

I dont see a "step up" SG in their stats.......

I was gonna say I think they need a bonafide big man - but Nurkic has a good stat line. Wish the Lakers C's had as good.

Interesting that Dame's put it out there who he wants for HC.

I think Dame and CJ are too similar, CJ is essentially just a worse version of Dame. They'd be smart to bring back Norman Powell who provides similar production to CJ and then trade CJ for a bigger wing scorer/defender. 

Nurkic is a good offensive player and rebounder but he's slow and gets cooked defensively. Them losing Zach Collins was a big blow because he actually looked like he was going to be really good for them. 

I saw a rumor about a CJ McCollum to Minnesota for KAT but I'm sure they'd have to give up some other pieces as well. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Dame and CJ are too similar, CJ is essentially just a worse version of Dame.

This is probably true.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nurkic is a good offensive player and rebounder but he's slow and gets cooked defensively. Them losing Zach Collins was a big blow because he actually looked like he was going to be really good for them.

👍