NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

One trade suggestion I saw online.

Dallas receives: Myles Turner, Doug McDermott, Jermey Lamb

Indiana receives: Kristapas Porzingis, Dorian Finney-Smith, Jalen Brunson, Dallas 2024 1st

Make that move and then sign DeMar DeRozan. 

PG: Luka Doncic 

SG: DeMar DeRozan

SF: Doug McDermott

PF: Maxi Kleber

C: Myles Turner

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lonzo (if he’s willing to sign and trade - might if Portland gives him a bag). NAW, Hayes, the treasure chest of picks they have 

NAW and Hayes aren't really pieces that I'd be excited about in a Lillard trade. Lonzo is an intriguing piece but they'd also have to give him a max contract or very close too it. And the picks they'd be able to offer would be their lottery pick this year, which will be in the 10-14 range, and future late 1st rounders. If by some miracle their pick jumps from 10th into the top 5 during the lottery then the deal would be much more intriguing though. 

I think it's a lot more likely that they look to move CJ and other guys to rebuild around Dame then trade Dame and blow up their roster. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He would be fine, but if they can get McCollum then that should be the move. Portland needs to change it up so would they take a KP for CJ swap? 

DeRozan is a vet and he's coming off of a 22 ppg / 7 apg season, he's not a shooter but he'd take a ton of pressure off of Luka. That's a trade that could work for both teams but would Portland do it? And how well would a Luka/CJ backcourt defend? 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

DeRozan is a vet and he's coming off of a 22 ppg / 7 apg season, he's not a shooter but he'd take a ton of pressure off of Luka. That's a trade that could work for both teams but would Portland do it? And how well would a Luka/CJ backcourt defend? 

I mean right now you have Luka and THJ. If you want defense, go with Lonzo then. 

I don't know if Portland does it but I also don't know what exactly they would be looking for in a CJ package. 

41 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lonzo (if he’s willing to sign and trade - might if Portland gives him a bag). NAW, Hayes, the treasure chest of picks they have 

I really don't think that's enough to get Lillard.

Getting Lillard without giving up Ingram seems like a pipe dream...but again, Houston set a horrible precedent for superstar trades so who knows?

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

NAW and Hayes aren't really pieces that I'd be excited about in a Lillard trade. Lonzo is an intriguing piece but they'd also have to give him a max contract or very close too it. And the picks they'd be able to offer would be their lottery pick this year, which will be in the 10-14 range, and future late 1st rounders. If by some miracle their pick jumps from 10th into the top 5 during the lottery then the deal would be much more intriguing though. 

I think it's a lot more likely that they look to move CJ and other guys to rebuild around Dame then trade Dame and blow up their roster. 

I think you’re underselling NAW and Hayes. Both took bit strides. I agree they’ll move CJ most likely, but what team can beat a Pelicans offer with two young guys with upside and a wagon of first round picks? Those late year LA and MIL picks are very enticing. A lot can change in 3-5 years. 

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think you’re underselling NAW and Hayes. Both took bit strides. I agree they’ll move CJ most likely, but what team can beat a Pelicans offer with two young guys with upside and a wagon of first round picks? Those late year LA and MIL picks are very enticing. A lot can change in 3-5 years. 

NAW is alright, Hayes is a decent rim running big but those can be found every year in the draft or free agency. Those first round picks aren't that enticing as they'll likely be late. If someone is going to make a deal for Lillard I'd expect it to be someone like Boston who could offer Jaylen Brown. I wouldn't want to go into rebuild mode with Lonzo Ball on a max deal.

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I really don't think that's enough to get Lillard.

Getting Lillard without giving up Ingram seems like a pipe dream...but again, Houston set a horrible precedent for superstar trades so who knows?

They also butchered the entire situation by waiting until the season started. Harden also forced their hand early in the season because they were trying to call his bluff. If Lillard is traded the circumstances would be much different. Look at what the Pelicans got for AD, zero chance that Ball, NAW, and Hayes is enough to get it done. 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean right now you have Luka and THJ. If you want defense, go with Lonzo then. 

I don't know if Portland does it but I also don't know what exactly they would be looking for in a CJ package. 

That's true. Plus they can acquire Lonzo without having to give up KP. I read that they want to bring in a more legit center to pair with KP down low, maybe someone like Holmes?