NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm realizing this year it's a changing of the guard. Steph Curry is 33. The young guys we've been waiting to take over for years will soon be the only ones competing for a championship.

The Lakers/LeBron are toast. Got no talent outside of AD. The Warriors should've drafted LaMelo or someone else to try and stay relevant. Wiseman is okay but he doesn't bring an aging roster into contention. Now theres talks of Curry not retiring a Warrior.

KD is the only old guy left in a contending situation. He's got a few more rings left to collect but otherwise we're going to see only young stars win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is exactly why I think the Pelicans are geniuses for the moves they made. No one has any clue what the Lakers or Bucks will look like in 3-5 years. 

Lots of things can change in 3-5 years. For all their moves, NOLA hasnt made it into the extended playoff system yet. Lets not go calling them geniuses quite yet.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lots of things can change in 3-5 years. For all their moves, NOLA hasnt made it into the extended playoff system yet. Lets not go calling them geniuses quite yet.

I mean...They haven't even gotten a single pick out of the deals yet and their two best players are 20 and 23. Those trades were masterful. They have LA or MIL firsts in 2025, 2026 and 2027. Thats a LONG ways away and is outside of Giannis current contract, and I'd be willing to bet Lebron is retired by 2025.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean...They haven't even gotten a single pick out of the deals yet and their two best players are 20 and 23. Those trades were masterful. They have LA or MIL firsts in 2025, 2026 and 2027. Thats a LONG ways away and is outside of Giannis current contract, and I'd be willing to bet Lebron is retired by 2025.

3-5 years is a long ways off in NBA terms. A lot can happen between now and then. The "Genius Crown" cant be given out yet.

Just now, Leader said:

3-5 years is a long ways off in NBA terms. A lot can happen between now and then. The "Genius Crown" cant be given out yet.

It can tbh. They're going to have picks and assets coming in during the prime Zion years. It's plausible neither Lebron or AD are in LA for a few of those picks and that Giannis has moved on for the last couple Bucks picks. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Yea I started seeing their pile of picks get compared to OKC after the Jrue deal... It's nowhere close. They just robbed the Bucks thats it. Yea they got Zion but we got SGA.

Also David Griffin blaming the league for getting Zion hurt seemed pretty stupid. You rarely see someone call out the league or refs and get rewarded for it in the NBA.

Edited by Kirill

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It can tbh. They're going to have picks and assets coming in during the prime Zion years. It's plausible neither Lebron or AD are in LA for a few of those picks and that Giannis has moved on for the last couple Bucks picks. 

Even if LeBron isn't in LA anymore I think they'll be able to recruit another star to pair with Davis. And isn't Giannis under contract for like 5-6 years? Can't really see them moving on and if they did they'd get a kings ransom in return. 

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I love Zion more than my dad but I'm not sure how long he'll hold up in the league. Blake Griffin started to decline at around 28 years old. 

9 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is exactly why I think the Pelicans are geniuses for the moves they made. No one has any clue what the Lakers or Bucks will look like in 3-5 years. 

They don't but unless Giannis demands a trade they'll probably still be pretty good with him especially in the East. I agree that those Lakers picks could be a gold mine depending on how much longer LeBron plays. Because AD's already 28 and big men typically start to decline around 30 and he has been injury prone throughout his career. 

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

Yea I started seeing their pile of picks get compared to OKC after the Jrue deal... It's nowhere close. They just robbed the Bucks thats it. Yea they got Zion but we got SGA.

Also David Griffin blaming the league for getting Zion hurt seemed pretty stupid. You rarely see someone call out the league or refs and get rewarded for it in the NBA.

They have just as many firsts as OKC don't they? lol

and I completely disagree. In fact, I think when refs and the league are publicly called out is exactly when guys start getting calls.

19 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

In fairness though Cousins, Wall, Porzingis, and Oladipo have had their careers derailed by injuries. Horford and Drummond were never really an All-Star caliber players, Love was always a guy who put up big numbers on bad teams and got left to rot in Cleveland, and guys like Dragic, Walker, and Aldridge were still decent players they're just getting old.