NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

Just now, NYRaider said:

Even him being "good" again on the Nets he's averaging 10 points and 4 boards per game, he's a role player. 

I agree but Blake also blew out his knee before even getting into the league. Charles Barkley had a very long career and Zion has a similar style.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I agree but Blake also blew out his knee before even getting into the league. Charles Barkley had a very long career and Zion has a similar style.

Yeah that's true but was Barkley as explosive as Zion? Zion is arguably the most explosive athlete in the history of the sport. 

21 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

They have just as many firsts as OKC don't they? lol

and I completely disagree. In fact, I think when refs and the league are publicly called out is exactly when guys start getting calls.

Nah okc got way more firsts we robbed the clippers and the rockets and a couple other teams. Okc is set up with draft picks better than any team in pro sports history.

ive seen it go both ways with the refs. They generally don’t like being criticized or seeing as catering to it. Griffin also had JJ reddick critiquing the way he does business. But yea as long as he doesn’t make a habit of calling out the refs when 300 pound Zion gets hurt he’ll be fine 

11 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Nah okc got way more firsts we robbed the clippers and the rockets and a couple other teams. Okc is set up with draft picks better than any team in pro sports history.

ive seen it go both ways with the refs. They generally don’t like being criticized or seeing as catering to it. Griffin also had JJ reddick critiquing the way he does business. But yea as long as he doesn’t make a habit of calling out the refs when 300 pound Zion gets hurt he’ll be fine 

Did Zion hook up with your mom or something? Griffin hop in?

Who hurt you?

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
10 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is exactly why I think the Pelicans are geniuses for the moves they made. No one has any clue what the Lakers or Bucks will look like in 3-5 years. 

They don't but unless Giannis demands a trade they'll probably still be pretty good with him especially in the East. I agree that those Lakers picks could be a gold mine depending on how much longer LeBron plays. Because AD's already 28 and big men typically start to decline around 30 and he has been injury prone throughout his career. 

They have 2 picks left and maybe a swap if they are lucky. They aren't getting a pick this year.

One of the picks is coming in 2022, so that is likely gonna be in the 20s somewhere. Not a great pick probably. Good chance its a worse selection than the Lakers will have in 2021 (whether they keep or trade it) at 22nd overall.

The one pick they'll likely get that could be a great pick would be either the 2024 or 2025 (if they forgo the pick in 2024), but that is so far off there is no way of knowing where that pick ends up.

I'm still not sure about Lonzo or BI's future in NO and its not like Hart has lit it up either going from 36% 3PT with the Lakers to 33.6% in his time with the Pelicans.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

They have 2 picks left and maybe a swap if they are lucky. They aren't getting a pick this year.

One of the picks is coming in 2022, so that is likely gonna be in the 20s somewhere. Not a great pick probably. Good chance its a worse selection than the Lakers will have in 2021 (whether they keep or trade it) at 22nd overall.

The one pick they'll likely get that could be a great pick would be either the 2024 or 2025 (if they forgo the pick in 2024), but that is so far off there is no way of knowing where that pick ends up.

I'm still not sure about Lonzo or BI's future in NO and its not like Hart has lit it up either going from 36% 3PT with the Lakers to 33.6% in his time with the Pelicans.

BI signed a max, so we know what his future is. Hart has been a good role player, wasn't really expected to do much more than that. NBA changes so quickly, they've got some nice assets. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

BI signed a max, so we know what his future is. Hart has been a good role player, wasn't really expected to do much more than that. NBA changes so quickly, they've got some nice assets. 

Don't they have more or less under control for like 7 seasons minimum? 

13 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Also I'm looking now...None of OKCs picks are that exciting lol. Houston pick will more than likely be top 4 and not convey, so you'll get a late first from Miami. LAC and Nuggets picks are about as exciting as LA and MIL, Houston in 2024 is top 4 protected and is really the only exciting one... a lot can change in the NBA quickly but its not like they have Houstons unprotected first next year or anything.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Also I'm looking now...None of OKCs picks are that exciting lol. Houston pick will more than likely be top 4 and not convey, so you'll get a late first from Miami. LAC and Nuggets picks are about as exciting as LA and MIL, Houston in 2024 is top 4 protected and is really the only exciting one... a lot can change in the NBA quickly but its not like they have Houstons unprotected first next year or anything.

And the Thunder have no promising young talent on their roster outside of SGA. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

At least, he's not a RFA until 2023 and then we'll obviously max him or match anything he's offered.

If the Pelicans by some miracle can move up into the top 3 and land Mobley or Green you guys could be cooking.