NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why are the Pelicans so insistent on letting Ball leave anyways? 

They aren’t. Media outlets just want to sell the story and get him to a big market. Lonzo has said he wants to stay and the Pelicans have said they want to keep him.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What I do like is that he’s puffing his chest rather than being on that fake *** humble **** 

I feel like he wants everyone to like him, but at the end of the day that's not possible and why KD took on the "**** it" attitude and just embraced the hate.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 6/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 6/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Where was the credible report that he wanted out? He literally just signed a max deal and talks about how much he loves playing with Zion lol

They were out there is all I'm saying. There is never gonna be a credible report unless we hear it from the horses mouth ourselves. I don't think it had to do with Zion. I'm pretty sure it was about SVG. And, Ingram is free to change his mind. Maybe he has. We'll see how long it lasts if they remain a crappy team.

You more willing to believe me now? @MookieMonstah

Van Gundy was a polar opposite from previous coach Alvin Gentry. Van Gundy emphasized defense, became visibly upset any time the Pelicans turned the ball over on fast breaks, and was more concerned with Xs and Os minutiae than personal relationships. Many players did not adapt well to such an abrupt change.

“It was definitely different,” reserve wing Josh Hart said. “It wasn’t the easiest transition.”

Van Gundy’s relationship with All-Star forward Brandon Ingram was strained for a majority of the season, multiple sources said.

Asked directly in May about how they had coexisted, Ingram said: “It’s OK. This is our first year together. He has a different coaching style that I’m used to seeing from most. But I was able to learn a lot of things from him this year and learn what he’s all about.”

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/article_a42c8c30-c970-11eb-80a3-4317f063a7bb.html

Wondering Boston Celtics GIF

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Conley is an All-Star about to get a ring.

Damn. ACL tear as mood enhancer :)
Just take care of business.

If for some reason this heads back to LA with the Clips up....................
*All* the pressure will be on Utah....and LA's gonna smell blood in the water. 

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lots have said Spears has no connections inside the Mavs organization, but still interesting nonetheless. 

Will be interested to see if there is a statement tomorrow.

Wiggins, Wiseman, Poole, both lottery picks, and every pick for the next 2 decades for Luka. 

15 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

With a shortened season & many players missing significant time, I don’t see how LeBron can say "I told you so." Players didn't even play a full season. Freak knee injuries are unfortunate, but they can't be prevented. That's my opinion anyway.

Yeah I understand why LeBron is speaking out against the lack of an off-season and how it has made players more likely to get injured. But I don't think that applies as much to Kawhi who usually sits out like 1/3 the season anyways with load management. 

51 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lots have said Spears has no connections inside the Mavs organization, but still interesting nonetheless. 

Will be interested to see if there is a statement tomorrow.

This is what KD, Giannis, and so many other stars should've done early in their careers.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

And they fired him… Ingram has never alluded that he wants out of New Orleans and has routinely said the opposite

Of course he's gonna say that publicly, but he didn't wanna be there with SVG and there was rumors for a reason. I'm done lol.