NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Very happy Nets lost and how it ended

As a basketball fan I’m not happy how it ended. Like I love football and even though I hate the Seahawks I wouldn’t want my Rams to beat the Seahawks with Wilson out or trying to play on one bad leg or with a bad shoulder where he barely can throw. That takes the great feeling of the win away because I know a healthy Wilson scares me even if he struggles I feel at any time he can turn it on.

So a healthy Nets team to match up with a healthy Bucks team is what I wanted to see and not what I saw. That made KD have to play nearly every minute the last three games and unless he is Superman that’s a lot to ask. He almost pulled it off and that’s a credit to him. 

Edited by stl4life07

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

As a basketball fan I’m not happy how it ended. Like I love football and even though I hate the Seahawks I wouldn’t want my Rams to beat the Seahawks with Wilson out or trying to play on one bad leg or with a bad shoulder where he barely can throw. That takes the great feeling of the win away because I know a healthy Wilson scares me even if he struggles I feel at any time he can turn it on.

So a healthy Nets team to match up with a healthy Bucks team is what I wanted to see and not what I saw. That made KD have to play nearly every minute the last three games and unless he is Superman that’s a lot to ask. He almost pulled it off and that’s a credit to him. 

I did not want to see Nets win after the Harden trade. They’ll be running the east for years to come so its good to see other teams take advantage. As we all know when healthy Nets win in 5 or 6. Cant see the Nets not coming out next the east next season with an even bigger chip on their shoulder.

Moving forward I want to see if Nash is going to prioritize health in particular of the Big 3 by not playing them many minutes or a ton of games. I don’t care if the Nets get the 4th seed as long as they are fresh and healthy going into the playoffs. They will be the favorites if healthy.

I want them to bring back Dinwiddie because him as the 4th option is way better than Harris. I don’t think the Nets lose if Dinwiddie was healthy because he would’ve been very productive where as Harris wasn’t. Then with Harris I hope he learns from this. We’ve seen players like him in all sports suck in big spots only to come back and be huge. I can think of football with Frank Clark who lined up offsides that cost the Chiefs the game in the AFCCG back in 2018. He followed it up in 2019 by having a strong playoffs to help the Chiefs win the Superbowl. So players can learn and I truly believe Harris will learn from his poor performance in the series because he is better than this. I expect big things from him next season when the Nets get back to the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

I did not want to see Nets win after the Harden trade. They’ll be running the east for years to come so its good to see other teams take advantage. As we all know when healthy Nets win in 5 or 6. Cant see the Nets not coming out next the east next season with an even bigger chip on their shoulder.

I see what you are saying. Yes the Nets not winning this season gives other teams opportunities and I’m personally rooting for CP3 and the Suns but if not them then the Bucks if they can play better moving forward. The Nets should have a big chip on their shoulder but it comes down to health and can Nash learn from this season and get better as a coach. One thing is Nash have to change things up a bit. Harris was struggling all series long, I thought Nash should’ve had Green in that spot in OT wide open instead of Harris. Not saying Green would’ve made it but Harris wasn’t making that shot all series long. He didn’t make it in Game 3 up 83-82 under a minute and he didn’t make it tied 111-111 in OT in Game 7 under a minute. So yes KD, Harden, and Kyrie can cover up a lot of flaws but I want to see Nash grow as a coach or else the Nets aren’t running the East. They can win but not truly dominated if Nash doesn’t grow as a coach imo. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

It was bad man, REALLY bad. Moment and the playoff preasure got to him. He also had to play more defense and minutes than ever before. 

That wide open three in OT would have likely clinched it for the Nets. 

Adrian Wojnarowski -   As expected, Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie plans to decline the $12.3M player option on his 2021-2022 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, sources tell ESPN. He has a Monday deadline. Dinwiddie missed most of the season with an ACL injury.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adrian Wojnarowski -   As expected, Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie plans to decline the $12.3M player option on his 2021-2022 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, sources tell ESPN. He has a Monday deadline. Dinwiddie missed most of the season with an ACL injury.

thats smart on his behalf...he can use the "you all would have won game 7 if i played" argument when he negotiates with them.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Get him to Utah, somehow, someway. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It was bad man, REALLY bad. Moment and the playoff preasure got to him. He also had to play more defense and minutes than ever before. 

That wide open three in OT would have likely clinched it for the Nets. 

The thing is that he wasn’t showing much resistance defensively, so I don’t know why Nash kept it in the game. Like all series he was struggling and Nash never thought to give Shamet more minutes. Jeff Green getting injured didn’t help either. Offers defensive versatility and has had his best year from 3. The game 3 one was just as bad honestly. He was more wide open and also after he missed that he goes down the other end and becomes a turnstile vs Jrue. Where we could’ve and should’ve been 3-0 up in the series. Just gets overlooked because of Bruce Browns shenanigans at the end