NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

CJ was just as bad this year and he’s much older.

I don't agree that he was as bad as Simmons was. He didn't play well but Simmons was an absolute detriment to his team when it mattered.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't agree that he was as bad as Simmons was. He didn't play well but Simmons was an absolute detriment to his team when it mattered.

Also have to take his contract into consideration, still has 4 yr/$140M on his deal. For a small market team that can't be a player in free agency, it's not a huge deal. But I think a lot of teams will be conservative in free agency this year so that they have cap space next summer in what will be one of the best FA classes in NBA history. 

Not to mention if you're a rebuilding team is Simmons one of the guys that you want as a part of your core? We've heard past teammates call him out for his lack of work ethic and love for the game. Jimmy Butler legit announced he was leaving within like 30 minutes of the Simmons extension a couple summers ago. And even JJ Redick who never really bad mouths players threw some shade at Ben. Now you have your head coach and the best player on the team throwing shade on him to the media right after a playoff loss, it's a bad look. 

Maybe a change of scenery would help but he wasn't able to win on a team that also featured Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, and Joel Embiid. And has essentially been the same player since he was at LSU. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, you using his worst 7 game stretch of his career as "who he is" is pretty stupid. 

His numbers being the same over a 4 year period and him playing the exact same way he did at LSU 6 years ago is a pretty good stretch to judge a player. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

McCollum at least has a history of making big shots in the playoffs. He has some leeway because of that.

Yeah, I mean McCollum is far from perfect but it just gives the team another shot maker and shooter. We have seen over and over that Simmons is going to have limited impact in these close pick-em series. McCollum gives the 76ers another 20+ PPG scorer and someone in certain games can take over as he has in the past with Portland. 

It's like Middleton and Jrue in Milwaukee. Are they perfect? No, but the Bucks have two guys that can get buckets instead of one helped the team out enough. Harris/McCollum can be that version for Philly offensively.