NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Surprised that Harden and Durant are both agreeing to play this summer. It could also get tricky if the Bucks and Suns make the finals because Middleton, Holiday, Lopez, and Booker have all agreed to play but game 7 of the finals would be July 22 and the Olympics start on July 23. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

But I've been told these playoffs have been bad for basketball? The mainstream media lied to me? No way!

Man it's almost like, and hear me out.

Atlanta is a... big market? And the Bucks... have a fanbase?

Caring about ratings is dumb anyway but the stupid narrative surrounding it is always funny to see easily disproven when the fact is that the NBA has never been more full of talent or more entertaining to watch and most people agree with that lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Caring about ratings is dumb anyway but the stupid narrative surrounding it is always funny to see easily disproven when the fact is that the NBA has never been more full of talent or more entertaining to watch and most people agree with that lol.

That Molly Qerim chick called them "terrible cities" for all four teams remaining. Like...wait...LA is amazing when the Lakers make it but "terrible" when it's the Clippers? I'm so glad I don't watch that network outside of actual games. Like tonight, as soon as that game went final I switched to MLB Network.

Like 6 million people do happen to live in Wisconsin and the Nets don't have much of a fanbase themselves, but it was a game 7, they do have KD, and it is NYC. The idea that ratings are good literally no matter who's playing is not that insane. 6 million people live in the Atlanta metro alone lol, like come on, that's not a "small market" that's a gigantic market. "Oh the NFL draft did a 6.1" yeah that's a once a year event on primetime on a Thursday, the NBA did this at 7 and 10PM on a Sunday. 

The game is healthier than ever, good to see after the insane doom and gloom from last year's ratings lol.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:55 AM, MookieMonstah said:

Simmons struggled but he’s still far better than McCollum lol

No way in hell. I’d take McCollum over him without a second guess

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And they always fail to mention that the NBA has a much younger demographic (streaming, etc.) when they bring up viewership numbers. Not to mention they have the best social media presence in sports, probably.

I think the NBA has never been more popular and they're always out in front on ways to grow the game and its' popularity. Polar opposite of how the MLB approaches growing the game.

12 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Simmons is still a potential ALL NBA dude. His defense and playmaking ability are valued. McCollum is a glorified Jamal Crawford 

Dude just averaged 23/5/4 on 46/40/81 shooting splits, chill with the glorified Jamal Crawford comparison lol.

You guys are underrating McCollum now. It doesn't work when he is in the backcourt with another guy who isn't a good defender but you can mask his deficiencies on that end with the personnel Philly has. 

You guys also don't take into consideration the type of situation Simmons puts Harris is. This man is relied upon to generate all the non-Embiid offense since Simmons becomes such a non-factor in the 4th quarters. While McCollum may not be great, he can get others shots as well as get himself a bucket. You need that in the playoffs. 

Simmons could be the better and more impactful regular season player but he's just not it in the playoffs. 

why does jimmy get a pass on not being able to shoot? dude made 25 3pters this year at 24%. this is a dude who went 38%, 37%, 35%, 35% in 4 out of 5 years on decent volume and now he can't shoot at all? he was a career 34% 3pt shooter before going to miami and he puts on back to back 24% szns 

Edited by 11sanchez11