NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah people living way to much in the moment. McCollum is such a ridiculously bad defender.

It’s a lot easier to work around one bad perimeter defender than a ball dominant player who teams don’t need to guard and who literally won’t shoot. If I’m building a roster I’d much rather have CJ as a 2nd or 3rd option

22 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i'm pretty sure the team is set. lavine and jerami grant take the last two spots after harden pulled out

I think because a potential game 7 of the NBA finals could occur like 5 days before the first Olympic basketball games there’s not enough time and not enough participants that want to do it to have a whole camp and weed out players, etc. 

17 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I think because a potential game 7 of the NBA finals could occur like 5 days before the first Olympic basketball games there’s not enough time and not enough participants that want to do it to have a whole camp and weed out players, etc. 

Game 7 is on July 22nd. Olympics start July 23rd. Not sure when the first basketball games start tho but that'd be some tight travel and prep if any of these guys happen to make the Finals and it goes all 7.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Game 7 is on July 22nd. Olympics start July 23rd. Not sure when the first basketball games start tho but that'd be some tight travel and prep if any of these guys happen to make the Finals and it goes all 7.

Fair enough then even sooner. I would imagine if day one is the opening ceremony the basketball should begin by day two or three of the Olympics pretty early on as they have a lot of games to play. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Fair enough then even sooner. I would imagine if day one is the opening ceremony the basketball should begin by day two or three of the Olympics pretty early on as they have a lot of games to play. 

Looks like the US play on July 25th

• Like 1

The Pelicans are looking to relocate but apparently the league is also going to vote on adding two expansion teams in 2022 with Las Vegas and Seattle being the front runners to get teams so they likely won't allow the team to move to either city. Move the Jazz back to New Orleans and let us be in the Eastern Conference. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Pelicans are looking to relocate but apparently the league is also going to vote on adding two expansion teams in 2022 with Las Vegas and Seattle being the front runners to get teams so they likely won't allow the team to move to either city. Move the Jazz back to New Orleans and let us be in the Eastern Conference. 

Pelicans aren't looking to relocate. Their writers absolutely tore that Athletic article to shreds. Benson has said on multiple occasions she will never move the team. She owns the Saints and it really makes no sense.

6 hours ago, amac said:

It’s a lot easier to work around one bad perimeter defender than a ball dominant player who teams don’t need to guard and who literally won’t shoot. If I’m building a roster I’d much rather have CJ as a 2nd or 3rd option

People forget how good Ben Simmons was in the regular season and first round lol. CJ McCollum over Ben Simmons lol come on.

35 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

People forget how good Ben Simmons was in the regular season and first round lol. CJ McCollum over Ben Simmons lol come on.

During the second round in 2018 against Boston: 14.4 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 6.4 apg on 41% FG, 58% FT

During the second round in 2019 against Toronto: 11.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 4.9 apg on 62% FG, 33% FT

During the second round in 2021 against Atlanta: 9.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 8.6 apg on 59% FG, 32% FT