NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Warriors receive: Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon

Hornets receive: Myles Turner, Andrew Wiggins

Pacers receive: Gordon Hayward, Terry Rozier, James Wiseman, #7, #11, #14

The Pacers would then have picks #7, #11, #12, and #14 which they could package in other trades or to move up in the draft. 

Hell no.

17 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

And why would Charlotte do that? 

Add an athletic two-way wing in Wiggins who's only 26 years old, produced at pretty much the exact same level as Hayward did last season, and unlike Hayward can stay healthy. In my updated trade I had the Hornets sending out Hayward and Bridges, while keeping #11, and receiving Wiggins and Wiseman. 

Plus you'd only committing 2 years/$64M to a 26 year old Wiggins while you're currently committed to paying a 31 year old  Hayward $91M over the next 3 years. Wiggins has had his ups and downs but he has shown that he can be a 20+ ppg guy in the right situation and I think he'd thrive playing in an up-tempo system with Rozier and Ball. 

The Hornets lack size and Wiseman is an athletic center with a ton of upside who was the #2 pick in last years draft. So you'd be landing another guy that fits your current cores timeline, who was just a top 2 pick, fills a major need, and is on a rookie contract. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Warriors receive: Zion Williamson, Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams

Pelicans receive: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Jordan Poole, #7, #14, as many future firsts as they want

Thats literally not even close lol. Pelicans aren't going to move Zion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Spencer Dinwiddie said he wants the bag or to play at home in Los Angeles. @CWood21 Not sure it would work financially for the Lakers though. 

Probably can't make it work unless they do a S&T.  And that'll hard cap them.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably can't make it work unless they do a S&T.  And that'll hard cap them.

He seemed to suggest he'd come play for one of the LA teams for a discount or he wants to go somewhere that will pay him a lot. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He seemed to suggest he'd come play for one of the LA teams for a discount or he wants to go somewhere that will pay him a lot. 

I think it's unlikely.  I think his preference all things considered were to play for an LA team, but he's going to take whichever franchise offers him the most amount of money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's unlikely.  I think his preference all things considered were to play for an LA team, but he's going to take whichever franchise offers him the most amount of money.

The FA class this year is so doo doo. And I expect most teams will be very conservative with their approach to free agency this year to ensure they have cap space to work with when that monster 2022 FA class hits. 

Jazz need to go after the forgotten children of the draft lottery. Dudes who were former lottery picks, kinda flamed out, but are still in their prime. Pitch them on the idea that if they help us get a ring that can get the bag next off-season. Three guys I'd target: Justise Winslow, Otto Porter Jr, Kris Dunn. 

Also still think a Dallas/Cleveland trade would make a ton of sense. 

Dallas receives: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton 

Cleveland receives: Kristapas Porzingis, Josh Green, Tyrell Terry 

Cavaliers fans mocked the idea of swapping Love for another injury prone stretch 4. But Porzingis will be 26 at the start of next year and has averaged 20/9 over the last two seasons. While Love will be 33 at the start of next year and is coming off of a season where he only played 24 games and looked completely washed. The Cavaliers would be dumping Love's terrible deal over the next two years for a guy who has played well and would only be committing to him for 3 years at pretty much the same price they'd be paying Love. Cap space isn't necessarily a huge thing either because the Cavaliers won't ever be huge players in free agency. And funny enough the Mavericks have been rumored to be eyeing pairing Porzingis with a traditional 5, with Allen being one of their potential targets, so the Cavaliers would have that duo. Dallas throws in two young players with potential to sweeten the deal for the Cavs.