NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

Honestly probably BS but reportedly Dame wants out and prefers the Lakers or Jazz. 

Jazz receive: Damian Lillard

Blazers receive: Bojan Bogdanovic, Jordan Clarkson, Joe Ingles, #30 pick, 2023 1st, 2025 1st, 2027 1st (all unprotected)

Again this is probably a pipe dream but Houston really didn't get much back for Harden. Our unprotected picks in 2025 and 2027 could also be pretty valuable as we'll be paying an old Rudy and Dame like a combined $100M. 

If the Blazers bring back Powell they could probably still be pretty competitive as well. 

CJ - Norman - Covington - Bojan - Nurk

w/ Ingles + Clarkson off the bench 

Would probably be one of the worst defensive teams in the league but they'd be able to score.

Just imagine if by some miracle we were able to pull that off. Use our MLE on Batum and then fill the rest of the bench with ring chasers on minimum deals. 

Our bench would be pretty arse but a lineup of:

Dame - Don - O'Neale - Batum - Rudy

Ooooofffff

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 is a dream killer, boy I've seen every superstar in the league in a Lakers jersey swap on twitter since your season ended and your best trade asset is Kuzma, lmao.

Not Ben Simmons... 😄

legit haven't seen photoshops but I have seen some Lakers fans suggest trading for him...... lol smh

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

After seeing this trade, I believe anything is possible. 

smfh... but the chance of getting a discount like Brooklyn got won't come along often. Harden tanked his value perfectly for them. Dude was out during the height of COVID acting a fool maskless in strip clubs smh.

Also, I'll never forget or forgive that dumb writer for the Pelicans SB Nation blog calling the Lakers young players and any potential offer we could make for AD was trash and that they shouldn't accept it.

D99Hn6_WsAA5Vzd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Then, immediately after the trade was made he pivoted completely...... lol smh

Frustrated Dirty Look GIF by Tyler, the Creator

If by some miracle we were able to finesse a Lillard trade the one major concern would be the future cap implications. 

In 23/24 and 24/25 we'd be paying a 31/32 year old Rudy and a 33/34 year old Dame a combined $190M over those two seasons. Which also doesn't take into account the $67M we'd be paying Don over that same stretch. So a total of $250M, or $125M per year, for 3 players.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Thanks. I never would've known.

Frustrated Dirty Look GIF by Tyler, the Creator

As I suggested for the Dallas Mavericks, it might be worth it for the Lakers to take a swing on Collin Sexton. The Cavaliers don't want to pay him and it'd be a low risk/high reward situation for the Lakers. He'd offer immediate help as a legit 24-25 ppg scorer next season to help you chase another title. Then you can let him test RFA, if the Lakers are able to lure another star they can just let him walk, but if they can't then they can match his offer sheet and bring him back. 

• Like 1