Jump to content

NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

 

Not completely buying this, at worst we end up doing a sign and trade.
 

I’m not sure who would actually throw a bunch of money at Lonzo in FA besides the Bulls and maybe the Knicks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, amac said:

Not completely buying this, at worst we end up doing a sign and trade.
 

I’m not sure who would actually throw a bunch of money at Lonzo in FA besides the Bulls and maybe the Knicks

The Bulls, Knicks, and Mavericks all need a PG and have the cap space to sign him to a max offer sheet. The Clippers are also reportedly interested but it'd have to be a S&T. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So Kawhi’s injury cost them a good shot at a title this year and probably next season too? That’s brutal 

Yeah quite a few Clippers beat guys are expecting him to miss all of 21-22, so I think you can take them outta the Lonzo "sweepstakes" officially.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis Schroder - Wants bigger role

Kyle Kuzma - Thinks he can do more with a more "consistent" role

Andre Drummond - Wants the coach to play him more so he can produce like Lopez and Ayton

Montrezl Harrell - Disgruntled for how his minutes were handled towards the end of the season

So on opening day, which of the four are still on the team....If any? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dennis Schroder - Wants bigger role

Kyle Kuzma - Thinks he can do more with a more "consistent" role

Andre Drummond - Wants the coach to play him more so he can produce like Lopez and Ayton

Montrezl Harrell - Disgruntled for how his minutes were handled towards the end of the season

So on opening day, which of the four are still on the team....If any? 

IIRC Drummond, Harrell, and Schroder are all FA so I doubt they're back. LeBron reportedly doesn't like Kuzma and he's their best trade piece so I doubt he's back either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers best bet is to reunite the Raptors boys, bring DeRozan home, and sign Lowry to ring chase one last time. Go after someone like Nerlens Noel on a minimum deal. 

Lowry - DeRozan - LeBron - AD - Noel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Drummond, Harrell, and Schroder are all FA so I doubt they're back. LeBron reportedly doesn't like Kuzma and he's their best trade piece so I doubt he's back either. 

Harrell has an opt out but don't think it is guarantee he does that. He will still make around 10M next season if he opts in. Can he get a better deal than that on the market?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So Kawhi’s injury cost them a good shot at a title this year and probably next season too? That’s brutal 

Changes his entire approach to free agency as well. He'll probably opt into his deal and sign a max extension with the Clippers that kicks in during the 2022-2023 season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harrell has an opt out but don't think it is guarantee he does that. He will still make around 10M next season if he opts in. Can he get a better deal than that on the market?

That's true but he's only 27, former 6th MOY, and averaged 19/7 for a good Clippers team a year ago. I could see a situation where he opts in knowing he'll be traded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Leader said:

Shams Charania -    Kawhi Leonard had surgery to repair a partially torn right ACL.

Such a terrible move by Lue to even have him in the game at that point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Orthopedist on Kawhi Leonard's injury: Extremely rarely are ACLs partially torn

The announcement Tuesday “does leave numerous question marks” about the nature of Leonard’s surgery and his return to the court, said T.O. Souryal, a former two-term president of the NBA’s association of team physicians and the Dallas Mavericks’ team doctor for 22 years. Souryal, now an orthopedic surgeon at and medical director of a Texas sports medicine clinic, said he had seen a “true partial ACL tear less than a handful of times.”

 

Edited by NYRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...