NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Such a terrible move by Lue to even have him in the game at that point. 

? I dont recall the score or game situation, but these injuries happen randomly. It's as probable he got injured in the next game as it was when it happened. 

@NYRaider - your post of T.O. Souryal thoughts would be more conclusive if it included the outcome of those "true partial ACL" tears that he's seen.  Is that somewhere in his comments?

As a layman, you'd think it would heal better than a full tear - no?

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

? I dont recall the score or game situation, but these injuries happen randomly. It's as probable he got injured in the next game as it was when it happened. 

The Clippers were up 21 going into the 4th quarter, the Jazz cut it to to 18 at the 8 minute mark, Kawhi came back into the game with 7:30 left and got hurt at the 5:25 mark while the Clippers were up 17. The closest the Jazz got was down 10 and ended up losing by 14 with Kawhi out of the game. 

The Clippers were up 24 at half time and well in control the entire game. IIRC the crowd even gave Kawhi an ovation when he checked out in the third because they thought he was done for the night, I was there, lol. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

@NYRaider - your post of T.O. Souryal thoughts would be more conclusive if it included the outcome of those "true partial ACL" tears that he's seen.  Is that somewhere in his comments?

As a layman, you'd think it would heal better than a full tear - no?

LA Clippers All-Star forward Kawhi Leonard underwent successful surgery to repair a partial tear of his right anterior cruciate ligament, the LA Clippers announced Tuesday. There is no timetable for his return.

Partial ACL tears typically take at least three months to heal after surgery. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Clippers were up 21 going into the 4th quarter, the Jazz cut it to to 18 at the 8 minute mark, Kawhi came back into the game with 7:30 left and got hurt at the 5:25 mark while the Clippers were up 17. The closest the Jazz got was down 10 and ended up losing by 14 with Kawhi out of the game. 

The Clippers were up 24 at half time and well in control the entire game. IIRC the crowd even gave Kawhi an ovation when he checked out in the third because they thought he was done for the night, I was there, lol. 

Okay....thats fine. His presence in the game probably wasnt required - but - it doesnt preclude the fact that the tear could have occurred in the next game.

Just now, Leader said:

Okay....thats fine. His presence in the game probably wasnt required - but - it doesnt preclude the fact that the tear could have occurred in the next game.

It could have but Lue really shouldn't have had him in the game at that point. The Clippers were up 18 and had been dominating the entire night. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It could have but Lue really shouldn't have had him in the game at that point. The Clippers were up 18 and had been dominating the entire night. 

Okay....that also is fine....but given its randomness, I dont fault a coach for an injury of this nature.

Listening to the Ringers mock draft special, one of the hosts on Davion Mitchell asked, "it doesn't concern you that you'd be drafting a 23 year old, 6'0" guard, who had 1 good year in college, and only hit 66% of his FT?"

Edited by NYRaider

"One league source recently told The Sacramento Bee the Kings would have to send a minimum of three first-round picks to the 76ers in a trade constructed around Hield and Bagley. Another source said the 76ers wouldn’t be interested unless Fox or Haliburton were included in the trade, but Hield’s elite 3-point shooting and Bagley’s unrealized potential could be appealing if a better deal doesn’t materialize."

Haliburton + Hield would be a nice return for the 76ers. 

Ice Cube -  “If he (Dame Lillard) wants a championship he should come join the Lakers. You know if he wants to just score a lot of points and be the man, stay in Portland. But come win a championship, you deserve it. He’s given a lot to that city, so give some of that love to the LA Lakers man.”

:)

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Kevin O'Connor also said that he could see Bouknight going as high as #5 and thinks he's a 20+ ppg guy by year 2. 

Yeah, I love Bouknight. The closer we get to the draft, the more I think he's long gone by #17. If he drops to #10 or so, then I want Memphis to trade up for him.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Cavs are asking for Obi Toppin as the centerpiece to get Colin Sexton lmao.

Knicks need to make that deal immediately.

If that's true then the Cavs are dumb as rocks. Topping is a throw in, not a centerpiece.