NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

33 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah that you know my name comment was extremely cringe but I thought it was entertaining. No other NBA player doing anything like that. KD really just like us but happens to be great at basketball. 

The amount of verified people in there was insane. Even had Jack in there and promoting it on his Twitter.

Unless someone screen recorded the it I don’t think there is a way to go back a listen.  

KD really is just about ball and chillin. Maybe it changes once/if he gets married and has kids but right now he has plenty of time to get on spaces with regular folks. 

30 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know what any of that means. What happened?

So twitter has this spaces function where a bunch of people can join and the host can decide who gets to speak and stuff. A Warriors fan made one off a tweet KD made and then KD decided to join it and started talking to debate a few comments made. One guy from Toronto just kept saying do you know my name for no apparent reason and kept repeating it lol. But they talked about how Steph got doubled in 2018 while KD didn't and how Steph is the only player that gets doubled like that. KD countered saying Harden got doubled in Houston the same way. I don't know anything else that was discussed since I only saw clips of it. 

• Like 1

Don't want to put this in the Finals thread because it's a hypothetical but I wanted to see what people here thought.

What would a title, this year, do for Giannis' legacy? He's already a 2x MVP and a MVP-DPOY in the same season. Where would a title put him in the all-time standings, potentially?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, no ****. No one argued he is or even close to it.

Just feel he deserves more hate as THE reason Curry and GSW will never win another chip. Having him on the max ruins that cap sheet.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

No other NBA player doing anything like that. KD really just like us but happens to be great at basketball. 

Somehow that’s viewed as negative or sensitive. Dude hope out of bed, doesn’t brush his hair and just goes to hoop. HE’S ONE OF US!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He WAS the #2 overall pick though and for good reason. What was expected from him anyways? Did anyone expect a kid who is essentially coming out of HS to know how to play defense at a high level? He scored and rebounded fine. Still needs to develop in a lot of areas but he would fit the Blazers rebuilding timeline perfectly. Blazers wouldn't be expecting to win anytime soon and he will get to grow there opposed to playing on a team with championship aspirations. 

Draft picks are a LOT like new cars.  Before you take them off the lot, they're incredibly valuable.  But when you take them off the lot, they lose value.

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not arguing that he's not overpaid. No one in the world outside of Wiggins, his family, and his agent would argue that. I'm also not arguing that Golden State can offer the best package because I think a couple teams could beat them out.

They have to take back money. No team has the cap room to absorb Lillard in a trade outside of NY. Unless I'm overlooking someone who'd be interested, no one has big expirings that they can send Portland (I guess Miami does if they pickup the options for Dragic and Iguodala, but their actual package would be much worse than Golden State's). Saying it's a bad use of cap is both obvious and misguided at the same time here. You can't look at Wiggins' contract in a vacuum.

Just because you have to match salaries doesn't negate the fact that you're having to take on Wiggins' deal.  So if you're asking me (as the Blazers' GM to take on Wiggins), I want extra value.  Dame is under contract for 4 more years.  Even if Dame goes full Harden on them, the Blazers have leverage.

20 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because they had to try to maximize Westbrook's ability to the fullest and he needed that extra spacing. How did that trade work out for Houston? How did Capela do in Atlanta? 

I mean, if you want to attribute Atlanta's success to Capela go right ahead.  You're wrong, but go right ahead.

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Why are you posting as if we're saying Wiggins is the headline? He's clearly a throw-in for salary purposes. But because he did rehabilitate his value and showed improvement in regards to defense and shooting as opposed to just some chucker, he isn't an albatross like Westbrook and Wall. Those 2 make SIGNIFICANTLY more and are absolute liabilities in the playoffs with major injury concerns. They don't hold any potential future value like Wiggins could, either on his next contract as a good role player already in place or as a trade piece when he becomes an expiring contract.

No one said Wiggins should be considered a full-on plus in a trade here; I came closest because it simplifies the trade. Portland just doesn't have a lot of options here because of how bad their cap is right now.

What contracts from other potential destinations should sway Portland away from this deal? What are the better uses of the cap that Portland should be looking for?

I never ONCE said he was the headline.  He was a throw-in for salary purposes.  That's never even been up for discussion.  The question is does Wiggins' value (by himself) come with positive, negative, or neutral value.  And the way I justify that argument is that if your team had the ability to absorb that player without any other players going back would you?  Would you need to add more assets (i.e. draft picks) to take him on?  Or would you need to give up assets to acquire that player?  If I'm being asked to take on that contract, I want assets in return.  I don't need $30M+ of my cap being held hostage by a guy who is maybe a #4 on a championship team.

19 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

No one said he was.

Then why were you "upset" when I suggested that you needed to attach extra assets to get rid of Wiggins.  If you truly believe Wiggins is negative value, which one of those assets are you using to get rid of Wiggins?

15 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He back on 

Lmfao. I want to hate on KD for this but it actually seems alpha now. He just doesn’t give a f anymore. I think he just likes arguing with these nerds.

Edited by Kirill

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you want to attribute Atlanta's success to Capela go right ahead.  You're wrong, but go right ahead.

Um, Capela certainly contributed to Atlanta's success, far more than Covington did for Portland. And funny you completly ignored why the trade got made in the first place. 

On 7/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Wiseman hate is crazy. 

The Warriors with Wiseman (18-21): 108.5 ORtg, 112.9 DRtg, 

The Warriors without Wiseman (21-12): 115.4 ORtg, 107.8 DRtg 

They were 7 points better offensively and 5 points better defensively when Wiseman wasn't in the rotation.