NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

RJ shooting very well (over 55% from 3 his last 24 games), playing smart defense, needs to work on drawing fouls and more importantly hitting those shots and not getting blocked so much driving inside but that'll come with time. If this development in his shooting is for real and not SSS bullcrap then his step into year 3 could be gigantic, talking all-star/fringe superstar level player with how well he defends and his athleticism. 

Julius has, it seems, finally, figured out his game and understands who he is and what he can be. Still doesn't play defense, but his scoring ability and newfound confidence from 3 has been so damn impactful he could really be a #2 on a big boy team I think. And he's still got some room for more developing. 

Defensively team is lights out, Frank is an elite on-ball guy, Rose has brought desperately needed energy off the bench, IQ has been revelatory and could be a real significant long term piece, when Mitchell Robinson gets back the defense will tighten up even more which is a good sign.

Knicks went from being in a dire spot and having no real talent to having some really very nice young pieces and some interesting potential trade assets (maybe Beal) very quickly, very impressed with the job Rose has done so far in making this team respectable.

Thibs is the big thing though, he got the guys to buy in but they play SO many minutes it's going to go the same way all his teams go, but as a bridge guy who gets this franchise to believe in itself a bit I think he's been a fantastic hire.

Good to be potentially sitting above .500 going into the break.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 2

Voter fatigue or not, get Giannis back on the god damn MVP ladder. Having him 8th was disrespectful. His last 21 games have been nothing short of phenomenal and, even with our struggles, we're still only a game out of the top seed.

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

if luke walton is still the coach by the end of the all star break, the kings are actively tanking

I was so happy the Lakers got rid of him and it’s not like Vogel is the best coach in the league but he’s not Luke Walton or Byron Scott. All respect for the contributions as a Laker player but as a coach he’s been rough.

Warriors legit look like a G-League team on certain nights against good teams. It's funny how often they get blown out. 

Just beat Portland tomorrow!

Lakers since the 2nd half of the Blazers game have looked as good as they have at any point of the season. 

The fact he was on the bench for as long as he was is embarrassing. Took some injuries for him to start but at least we're here now. 

His feel for the game is insane. Only Luka and LeBron at that age really compare to him in that regard in recent memory. Congrats, you guys FINALLY have found your future superstar @Supersuavesky!

When all of this is said and done, I want to see some comparison of league-wide shooting percentages (especially FT and 3P) in no-attendance vs attendance scenarios.

I know that percentages are trending up as big men are taught to shoot at a young age and long-time vets have more reps, but practically everyone is 40% overnight!

We might have to consider moving the line back (good for skill, bad for parity) or adding 2 new teams because there's too many good shooters.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The fact he was on the bench for as long as he was is embarrassing. Took some injuries for him to start but at least we're here now. 

His feel for the game is insane. Only Luka and LeBron at that age really compare to him in that regard in recent memory. Congrats, you guys FINALLY have found your future superstar @Supersuavesky!

Yeah, I whiffed hard on him. He's very good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I didn't think his offensive game would be there this quickly. Dude improves as a shooter every game basically.

Yeah, there was no evidence he'd be a competent shooter this early. He's significantly ahead of the curve there.