NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't make it any less true. Voter fatigue is the dumbest excuse in sports. It's the only reason LeBron didn't get 5 straight. 

And, I don't care. Giannis is still the MVP regardless of who they vote for. 

Jokic has been better

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Jokic has been better

he's been the best player in the NBA. they are 7-3 in their last ten. really been an elite team by all metrics for a while. gonna keep winning and really make the best case 

Utah is more or less screwed in terms of roster flexibility. We can't make any moves without giving up a key piece of our rotation. Reportedly we're going to players in the buyout market though. Praying that Otto Porter Jr is bought out, we had a ton of interest in trading for him before the Bulls did. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

What else would Denver be able to offer?

they have barton or harris as salary and then they are able to move multiple firsts. also have a couple nice prospects in Nnaji and Hampton. denver can put together a pretty good mid-tier offer if they want to. not sure it's acceptable to move multiple firsts for the lonzo balls and aaron gordons of the world though 

• Like 1

Just now, champ11 said:

they have barton or harris as salary and then they are able to move multiple firsts. also have a couple nice prospects in Nnaji and Hampton. denver can put together a pretty good mid-tier offer if they want to. not sure it's acceptable to move multiple firsts for the lonzo balls and aaron gordons of the world though 

Isn't Lonzo due for an extension this off-season as well? It's odd how eager New Orleans seems to want to move him. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Isn't Lonzo due for an extension this off-season as well? It's odd how eager New Orleans seems to want to move him. 

yup. and he's a super streaky player and on a heater. so i'm not crazy about the trade overpay and then possibly overpay in restricted FA. but me and @J-ALL-DAY have discussed that pelicans wanting to move lonzo would be crazy. gotta assume he's just like forcing his way out lol. they have plenty of picks. they need talent and Lonzo fits with Zion very well (i would assume, not like im locked in on watching the pels) 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yup. and he's a super streaky player and on a heater. so i'm not crazy about the trade overpay and then possibly overpay in restricted FA. but me and @J-ALL-DAY have discussed that pelicans wanting to move lonzo would be crazy. gotta assume he's just like forcing his way out lol. they have plenty of picks. they need talent and Lonzo fits with Zion very well (i would assume, not like im locked in on watching the pels) 

This is simply a money move to get rid of him and not having to pay him to a big deal in the offseason. They are going the cheap route, disappointing to see.