NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

On 2/13/2021 at 10:04 AM, NYRaider said:

I also will admit that my LaMelo slander was completely wrong, kid has been hooping this year. One thing I admire about him is that he legit plays in the NBA like it's a pickup game, the lights aren't too bright for him, and he's just having fun with it. 

I'd say the two of the biggest differences and why he's better than Lonzo: 1.) As mentioned above he plays the game loose while Lonzo to me has always played kinda scared and looked stiff & 2.) Lonzo came in with such huge expectations because of how much ish his dad was talking and going to LA while LaMelo went to a pretty crap franchise while his dad was banned from speaking in the media. I honestly think Lonzo's struggles early hurt his mentality a lot especially because they were magnified by the fact he was playing for the Lakers and his dad had created so much hype around him. 

turntables GIF

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Westbrook and their defense has a lot to do with where they're. A lot of talent, but they dont play well together. 

Their defense has been terrible. Losing Thomas Bryant hurt but I said before the year that I thought they should've looked to add a rim running/paint protecting center. Avdija has been up and down and they don't really have a reliable 3rd scoring option either. 

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Blake Griffin being held out until traded or bought out.

I can't see any scenario where he gets traded. He wants to play for a contender and I can't see any contending team being able or willing to give up the pieces to absorb his $36.8M cap hit. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that he ends up in Brooklyn. 

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Highly doubt it. He was awesome 2 years ago, but he's legit bad right now.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Is there a team that could really benefit from having him?

I don't think he'll make a huge impact anywhere but I think him going to Brooklyn makes sense for both parties. They have $11.4M in exceptions that they can use to pay him, he reunites with DeAndre Jordan, and provides the Nets with some depth. In Brooklyn he wouldn't have to be a dominant player just a high end role player that makes things easier for their big 3. He's still an okay shooter and one of the better passing bigs in the league. 

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

I have been really impressed with Facu. I absolutely love some of the grit/veteran stuff he brings to the nuggets. They needed a pest. He's a genius as a basketball player. Obviously the size and shooting limits ceiling, but as a bench guy? I think it's going really well. He actually leads the nuggets in +/-, FWIW. 

I didn't believe in wizards until I saw Facu play basketball. He is the modern day Pistol Pete, a rich man's Ricky Rubio.