NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously AD is currently hurt but his refusal to play the 5 is weird. He should start at C so they can start Morris/Kuzma at the 4. 

I agree guy just hates playing physical defense against bigger bodies. It makes more sense. Would allow more spacing too as its tough to find C’s that can stretch floor and play defense on switches during PnR.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Has Drummond ever been a good defensive player? McGee and Howard were both pretty solid rim protectors throughout their careers. 

Yes, but never on a consistent basis. Cares too much about his rebounding.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Wouldn't hate it but I think he'd be more impactful for LA.

Definitely. But I'm sure Cleveland would prefer to trade him and get some expiring deals/draft capital rather than buy him out. The issue with the trade though is that Dallas would likely need a 3rd team to take Dwight Powell for it to work. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, NYRaider said:

Desmond Bane and Brandon Clarke both look like very good role players as well. If Jaren Jackson Jr ever gets healthy, Memphis has some pieces. 

Once again missing that crucial wing scorer. Have great 2nd and 3rd options in place and very good role players, but unless one of Morant or JJJ takes a superstar leap, then we'll just be a tough out like the Grizzlies of old.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Once again missing that crucial wing scorer. Have great 2nd and 3rd options in place and very good role players, but unless one of Morant or JJJ takes a superstar leap, then we'll just be a tough out like the Grizzlies of old.

Tank the rest of the season for Jalen Green. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Tank the rest of the season for Jalen Green. 

I was on board when Morant got hurt, but the team played well and is now most likely going to make the play-in. Tanking is out of the question.

Gotta try and make a trade.