NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

it cracks me up that they continue to be the same team year after year

it's just wild cause they still overachieve based on whatever stotts gets role players to do offensively and lillard's brilliance and they all love stotts to death 

but bro how do you get beat by leak outs after a made layup 4-5 times in the 4th quarter a thousand times a year?

I think stacking up Draymond all time is tricky, not sure you can just plug him into any team and he’ll be an all-NBA defender the way you can w/ Kawhi, Gobert, Simmons etc. Draymond is like the ultimate team defender, and needs to be on a good defensive team to really display his skills (and elevate that D from good to great). Which is because his greatness on D was/us so intangible heavy.

Might have greatest peak of all time, but I wouldn’t call him greatest defender of all time. Rodman + handful of centers I’d put over him. Best of this era where at least 4 guys on court can shoot and switching is a must, so far.

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Rockets basically trading Harden for nothing once the return on this Vic trade is minimal. Should of just took big ben and got the younger player with better trade value.

Or kept Caris LeVert who is 2 years younger and under contract for two more years after this season. 

Houston has gotten pretty poor returns on all 3 of their All-Star guards the last couple of years. They traded James Harden for Victor Oladipo, Rodions Kurucs, Dante Exum, and 4 future 1sts (likely late round picks), they traded Chris Paul and 2 1sts for Russell Westbrook, and they traded Russell Westbrook for John Wall and a future 1st round pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think stacking up Draymond all time is tricky, not sure you can just plug him into any team and he’ll be an all-NBA defender the way you can w/ Kawhi, Gobert, Simmons etc. Draymond is like the ultimate team defender, and needs to be on a good defensive team to really display his skills (and elevate that D from good to great). Which is because his greatness on D was/us so intangible heavy.

Might have greatest peak of all time, but I wouldn’t call him greatest defender of all time. Rodman + handful of centers I’d put over him. Best of this era where at least 4 guys on court can shoot and switching is a must, so far.

Why wouldn’t he be an all NBA defender anywhere he went? I really don’t get that argument. Offensively? Sure. Defensively? He can go anywhere and he’ll make a team much better defensively 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Or kept Caris LeVert who is 2 years younger and under contract for two more years after this season. 

Houston has gotten pretty poor returns on all 3 of their All-Star guards the last couple of years. They traded James Harden for Victor Oladipo, Rodions Kurucs, Dante Exum, and 4 future 1sts (likely late round picks), they traded Chris Paul and 2 1sts for Russell Westbrook, and they traded Russell Westbrook for John Wall and a future 1st round pick. 

rockets won the wall trade. the fact they got a 1st rounder back makes it a win

God bless Timberwolves fans. I dont know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There are fun bad teams to watch, but they're not that its painful to watch. They should trade KAT tbh. He is not a winning player lazy on the court and that just sets a bad tone for the rest of the players. When your best player is like that it gives the rest of the player a reason to be like that. As a Warriors fan if this pick they have falls into the top 3 I wont even be mad cause they will be right back to being awful next season. 

• Like 1