NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the last shot was a great look but the team was rushing shots the entire last minute. Just needed to slow down a bit and get one good look for either Tatum or Brown.

You may need to offer up Smart for Gordon to be honest. Barnes deal is dead at this time?

i wouldn't trade smart for gordon, especially after he publicly requested a trade. it's not that i think smart is great, i just don't think much of gordon. 

does switching smart for gordon really do much for the Cs? i don't think so. and at that point, Smart is a giant piece of the locker room. i'm hoping best case scenario is Cs get fournier for the TPE or something 

according to the internet, the kings don't want to trade barnes because they feel he will be a vital piece of a playoff push next year. 

but agreed, it's happened all too often this year where tatum or brown don't get the ball late or they just iso into a bad look. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i wouldn't trade smart for gordon, especially after he publicly requested a trade. it's not that i think smart is great, i just don't think much of gordon. 

does switching smart for gordon really do much for the Cs? i don't think so. and at that point, Smart is a giant piece of the locker room. i'm hoping best case scenario is Cs get fournier for the TPE or something 

according to the internet, the kings don't want to trade barnes because they feel he will be a vital piece of a playoff push next year. 

but agreed, it's happened all too often this year where tatum or brown don't get the ball late or they just iso into a bad look. 

I'm honestly not sure what one move does for the Celtics if it isn't for a star but at this point that sail has shipped. The picks aren't as lucrative anymore and Brown/Tatum are pretty much off limits. Gordon is a better shooter than Smart so there is that but he is more expensive and both are free agents after next season I believe. I don't know, but if you can get Gordon without giving up Smart, that would be nice. If Kemba isn't going to be able to give you consistent play though, it's not going to matter. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not a bad move here. McGee as the roll man with the amount of spacing the Nuggets have will be effective and he can protect the rim with the second unit. Solid move. 

This also keeps him from going to another contender. Good trade.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not a bad move here. McGee as the roll man with the amount of spacing the Nuggets have will be effective and he can protect the rim with the second unit. Solid move. 

Hartenstein has been a total dud, and unfortunately neither JaMychal Green or Zeke Nnaji have shown they can rebound even close to good enough to be the backup 5.

I like the move for Denver.

Hold up, didn't the 76ers pull back a bit on the Harden trade because they didn't want to give up Maxey and Thybulle? It was one but not both? You are giving BOTH plus two first rounders for Lowry when you could have just got Harden? What am I missing here?

But Lowry on Philly would be so perfect. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hold up, didn't the 76ers pull back a bit on the Harden trade because they didn't want to give up Maxey and Thybulle? It was one but not both? You are giving BOTH plus two first rounders for Lowry when you could have just got Harden? What am I missing here?

Well, he's saying that's what Toronto wants, not what Philly is willing to give up.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well, he's saying that's what Toronto wants, not what Philly is willing to give up.

I mean sure, but fair to think they will have to give up either or both for Lowry. I just don't get why they didn't want to give up Maxey for Harden. Granted, they are still really freaking good and add in Lowry they have a shot to get to the finals, but pairing Embiid and Harden together would have been insane. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Wow. Must have taken a lot for Orlando to give up Vucevic.

I'm guessing Markkanen, Porter, and 2 1sts.

Well...Carter instead of Markkanen. Carter has the tools to be a very solid starter, just needs to put it together.

Man...Bamba sucks.

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maxey wasnt eligible to be traded when Harden got dealt.