NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I said the Suns have the best bench but the Jazz probably do

Eh. Not sure on that. I like Ingles and Clarkson is a walking bucket now, but yeah. Jazz are 10th in bench scoring, 8th in bench +/-, 12th in FG%, 12th in 3 PT%, 1st in FT%, 10th in OREB, 13th in DREB, and 12th in REB.

Jazz statistically might be the 3rd worst as far as benches among the top 4 in the west. Suns and Lakers are better on paper and Clippers could be argued for based on stats too. 

Tbh that COVID pandemic might have been the best thing to happen to the Jazz. I remember hearing during that break that’s when they realized they needed to take more 3s. I could be totally wrong on that but they didn’t shoot 3s like this before the stoppage. 

Also a very fun team to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Tbh that COVID pandemic might have been the best thing to happen to the Jazz. I remember hearing during that break that’s when they realized they needed to take more 3s. I could be totally wrong on that but they didn’t shoot 3s like this before the stoppage. 

Also a very fun team to watch.

Damn... didn’t realize they were shooting the most in the league. Wish the Lakers would shoot more. Not as many as Utah attempts, but more than the 26th most smh.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh. Not sure on that. I like Ingles and Clarkson is a walking bucket now, but yeah. Jazz are 10th in bench scoring, 8th in bench +/-, 12th in FG%, 12th in 3 PT%, 1st in FT%, 10th in OREB, 13th in DREB, and 12th in REB.

Jazz statistically might be the 3rd worst as far as benches among the top 4 in the west. Suns and Lakers are better on paper and Clippers could be argued for based on stats too. 

Clarkson, Ingles, Giang, and Favors is a very, very good second unit. 

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Clarkson, Ingles, Giang, and Favors is a very, very good second unit. 

Don’t disagree. Just think Clippers, Lakers and Suns benches are up there with them too. Order doesn’t really matter. Bucks is solid too. Probably some other benches I’m missing but you could probably put the benches for all of the top 4 teams in the West in the top 5 for the whole NBA or at least close to it.

Utah is playing the best/consistent brand of basketball right now. Kudos to them for that, but it’s not about how they start that I’m worried about. Still think they can push the other top teams in the west in a series and maybe beat a couple of them. Just struggle to see you guys making it all the way to the Finals. I’m down for a repeat of Nuggets Jazz this year.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don’t disagree. Just think Clippers, Lakers and Suns benches are up there with them too. Order doesn’t really matter. Bucks is solid too. Probably some other benches I’m missing but you could probably put the benches for all of the top 4 teams in the West in the top 5 for the whole NBA or at least close to it.

Utah is playing the best/consistent brand of basketball right now. Kudos to them for that, but it’s not about how they start that I’m worried about. Still think they can push the other top teams in the west in a series and maybe beat a couple of them. Just struggle to see you guys making it all the way to the Finals. I’m down for a repeat of Nuggets Jazz this year.

We can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series.