NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Because his speciality is not locking guys down on perimeter or protecting the rim, or winning any kind of 1v1 game besides post ups. It’s in his call outs, help D, pick and roll D... just team D in a nutshell I’d say and being capable of guarding 1-5. That lets him elevate good units to great, but I don’t think there’s any lifting bad units, and if you are playing w/ bums, it’s a lot harder to put that talent on display the same way, say, Gobert can always protect the rim, or Leonard can always hold his own if you glue him to 1 guy.

I don’t get this. If anybody has G-Leaguers around them they’re gonna look bad. Look at AD in New Orleans. Kawhi has always had played on good defensive teams. So I don’t understand the point your making. Gobert has been exposed as a defender a number of times, same can’t be said for Draymond.

Also telling Draymond to go on the perimeter to lock guys down would be a waste of his abilities. It’s not a case of he can’t or that he couldn’t do it well, it’s just a waste and not maximising him. He’d only be doing that to boost his own ego and not to help the team. Him doing what he does is best for the team and others around him. Don’t get it twisted if Draymond was to strictly play on the perimeter he’d do more than good enough. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Dude needs to get himself a no-trade clause

His 8th NBA team. I'll never forget how well he played in his 1 year in Utah. 

The Spurs trading Hill for the draft rights to Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans might have been one of the biggest fleeces in NBA history.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Dude needs to get himself a no-trade clause

I could just envision his wife and kids are seated in a room holding each other’s hands each year waiting for George Hill to come home eagerly anticipating the news of where they are going next. And for example Hill be like “WE ARE GOING TO...(drum rolls) MIAMI!!!!”

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Lakers and Heat are both after Lowry and the one that misses may be swing a trade for Oladipo.

I dont want Lowry.

Not that I dont like the player. He's good - but from the chatter that I've heard we'd have to swap a number of players - for an expensive elder statesman.

Like the player....cant diss his skills...."good" short term (depending on how many guys are leaving LA) but the fit is.....troubling.

Just get Drummond. He's what we need...plus a few healthy players....that would help as well.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont want Lowry.

Not that I dont like the player. He's good - but from the chatter that I've heard we'd have to swap a number of players - for an expensive elder statesman.

Like the player....cant diss his skills...."good" short term (depending on how many guys are leaving LA) but the fit is.....troubling.

Just get Drummond. He's what we need...plus a few healthy players....that would help as well.

That's what you get with Lebron, short term moves

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not willing to trade Talen Horton-Tucker is laughable. Teams love to hang on average NBA talent. 

I mean, I'm not as high on THT as others are, but giving up much value for a 34 year old PG who is a pending FA isn't exactly great business.  Lowry is the best player in that deal...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nobody is coming for Oladipo as long as Houston demands a ton for him.

yeah Stone is an idiot.  His expectations on a return is too high for a rental.  Just take a pick and crappy players back and call if a day. 

Edited by Texansfan713