NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's what you get with Lebron, short term moves

LeBron is 36 years old and they're trying to push for a championship this year. Schroder, KCP, and THT isn't a ton to give up for Lowry. Schroder is a free agent after this season and KCP is one of the most overpaid players in the league. 

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm not as high on THT as others are, but giving up much value for a 34 year old PG who is a pending FA isn't exactly great business.  Lowry is the best player in that deal...

He turned 35 today.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not to rub it in, but you see what Gordon went for @Troy Brown? Celtics couldn't even beat that, so how can we say they have good young talent? I mean you aren't putting Brown/Tatum in any package, but the Celtics hardly have any young pieces that are intriguing and that's a big problem.

Who knows what the Cs offered? Nesmith or Langford got more value than Hampton, but the Cs don't have a Harris to send out. Like you said, there's no one move to fix the Cs so I'm more than happy with Fournier

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron is 36 years old and they're trying to push for a championship this year. Schroder, KCP, and THT isn't a ton to give up for Lowry. Schroder is a free agent after this season and KCP is one of the most overpaid players in the league. 

If we could get Drummond on the down low - and keep the roster intact - we've got ourselves a shot at a ring IMO.

Probably wont happen though.

CLE will drag it out till the last minute and trade him to somebody for an equipment manager.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

I get why Miami would be hesitant to give up Hierro. What I don’t get is what Lakers are doing. 

THT shouldn't be a stopping point. What would make me hesitate is giving up the only 2 trade chips they have for a pending FA. If they trade THT and the 2027 1st and Lowry leaves in free agency, then they gutted the roster for a rental. Of course if it gets them a title then it'd be worth it.

If the Lakers could get him to agree to a 2 year extension then it'd be a huge win.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm not as high on THT as others are, but giving up much value for a 34 year old PG who is a pending FA isn't exactly great business.  Lowry is the best player in that deal...

Answer this. Who plays a bigger role in the playoffs? Lowry or THT? I thought it was about winning Championships... 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

If we could get Drummond on the down low - and keep the roster intact - we've got ourselves a shot at a ring IMO.

Probably wont happen though.

CLE will drag it out till the last minute and trade him to somebody for an equipment manager.

No one is trading for Drummond's salary. He's going to get bought out.

Also, I promise you, if you think Andre Drummond is the difference between winning a title and not then the Lakers are further away from contention than you think. Drummond isn't swinging anything in a series against the Clippers or Nets.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

Just now, seminoles1 said:

No one is trading for Drummond's salary. He's going to get bought out.

👍 Thats step one.
Then his (supposed) desire to come the LA - the Lakers locker room - will do the rest.

We need:
1. A full / healthy roster.
2. An answer in the middle.

Trezz is a good PF. So's AD. Gasol's the weak link in the front court IMO - but thats just a personal preference. I dont like big, slow guys that cant jump.