Would you rather your team have a 21st century like GB/Indy or TB?

ClutchDJ

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

For me personally, GB/Indy easily

Yes winning a Super Bowl would be an incredible feeling but Bucs were basically irrelevant from 2007-2019.  Not even like a fluky playoff season in between. I’d rather have something to get excited for each season.

Oh believe me we get excited during the offseason just to get let down every season, this year was a fluke in that case

• Like 1

GB and its not even close.. Like, I get that the Bucs won two super bowls and Green Bay only won once

But Green Bay has been a good team in what, like 17 or 18 of those years? I'd guess they've won at least 10 divisions as well

Tampa probably hasn't even won 5

There's something to be said for having 2 Super bowls spread out over 20 years that are satisfying as a fan, but they've also suffered through a full decade of missing the playoffs. Green Bay was consistently a great team, AND has a super bowl on top of it

It's a no brainer for me

56 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

On the whole you probably had many more fun Sundays as a Packers fan over the past 2 decades than Bucs fans did. 

I don't think it's really worth getting invested as a fan if the only thing that got you excited was rings. 

If you don't have a ring, you want one.

I want the Bills to have one.

But past that, I'd rather 1 ring and making playoffs 90% of the time, than have 2 rings and making the playoffs 30% of the time

• Like 3

Tampa, no question.

Not because of the Super Bowls - mainly because they had two of the best four or five QBs ever and each look to get/have gotten one Super Bowl win out of it.

Expectations play into fan satisfaction for a season - the wasteland of QBs in Tampa may have gotten less happy Sundays, but I'd argue the playoff disappointments for the others were worse.

19 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Tampa, no question.

Not because of the Super Bowls - mainly because they had two of the best four or five QBs ever and each look to get/have gotten one Super Bowl win out of it.

Expectations play into fan satisfaction for a season - the wasteland of QBs in Tampa may have gotten less happy Sundays, but I'd argue the playoff disappointments for the others were worse.

True Tom Brady and Jeff Garcia

• Like 2

Tampa and its not even close.

• Tampa was a very good team for 2000-2001 before they won.
  • Gruden had 3 more winning seasons after the Lombardi.
    • Fans got to enjoy those heroes playing on Sundays.
  • They are likely to be good again next year.

This and 2 rings beats hearing Aaron Rodgers deflect why he lost yet again.

Lets not forget that this was the 2nd competitive NFCCG that Rodgers played in 5 tries, He got annihilated the other 3 times.

• I'd rather go then not go but I would really prefer not being humiliated when my team was there.

The only exception to the rings over everything rule would be the Marlins

• The Marlins did win 2 rings but they were pretty much garbage every other instant.
    • They bought a bunch of free agents and made some trades for each of those World Series runs and then instantly dumped their players after.
  • Like 2

[Insert statement about personal bias] fan of both Colts and Packers

Looking at the QBs that each team has had in the time period, definitely blessed with great QB play from the two teams. 

(For Tampa Bay I only listed the QB who started the most games each year)

QBs since 2000

GB - Favre and Rodgers 

Indy - Manning (until 2010) Kerry Collins/Dan Orlovsky/Curtis Painter (2011), Luck (2012-2016/2018) Brissett (2017/2019) and Rivers (2020) 

TB - Shaun King (2000) Brad Johnson (2001-2004), Chris Simms (2005), Bruce Gradkowski (2006), Jeff Garcia (2007-2008), Josh Freeman (2009-2012), Mike Glennon (2013), Josh McCown (2014), Jameis Winston (2015-2019) and Tom Brady (2020-?)