Rank the Safeties

Jeezla

Rank these 8 safeties in the order which you would draft them (assuming you needed to draft 2 safeties/weren't set at either safety spot):

Paris Ford
Jevon Holland
Andre Cisco
Talanoa Hufanga
Trevon Moehrig
Richie Grant
Ar'Darius Washington
Benjamin St-Juste (As a CB>S convert)

Am I missing something here.

Where is Richard LeCounte III, Cade Sterns and maybe even Elijah Molden?

Holland if he played this season would be clearly the best one, the fact he did not is really the only reason it is up to a debate because as a SOPH he was better than any other safety in his class.

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Holland if he played this season would be clearly the best one, the fact he did not is really the only reason it is up to a debate because as a SOPH he was better than any other safety in his class.

I had Sterns!! Molden and Lecounte top off  top 10 forsure. Do you think Washington is good?? saw a stat where he only let up like 150 yards in 2 years. thats insane

4 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

I had Sterns!! Molden and Lecounte top off  top 10 forsure. Do you think Washington is good?? saw a stat where he only let up like 150 yards in 2 years. thats insane

Molden could be arguably one of the best slot defenders and since he could possibly play FS or SS in a 5 DB group he is more valuable than many of the other safeties ranked here.  Could argue Molden would be the best corner if asked out of all the safeties as well so he is up there for me.  LeCounte has played great football for many years at a pretty high level, sure was hurt this season but was having a great year before the injury and that Georgia defense was not the same without him.  He is easily a top 10 safety for me.  

Washington?  I do not believe the state of only giving up 150 yards, honestly that TCU defense for having these NFL DB prospects, why did they struggle as much as they did as a unit?  I do need to watch them more, I like Washington just not sure he is a super elite safety.  Outside of Verrett there has not been many DBs to come out of TCU and succeed in the NFL, well Gladney was decent last year but before that it is basically Verrett and that is it for around 20 years.  

Going to have to watch more of Washington but the times I saw him I never though he was this super star safety prospect.  Good upside and athletic ability for a smaller DB but Moehrig is better in the pass happy NFL.  But still again if they are such great DBs why did the struggle as a unit like they did.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:25 PM, Jeezla said:

1 Ford
2 Cisco
3 Holland
4 Moehrig (I seem to be lower on him than most. I like him, but I don't love him)
5 Hufanga
6 Washington
7 Grant
8 St-Juste

1 Moehrig

2 Ford

3 A.Washington 

4 Grant

5 Holland

6 Cisco

7 St. Juste (hadn’t considered it)

8 Hufanga

If considered, Molden is 1-2 on this list. I was considering him a nickel (still a CB designation). Lecounte probably slots in between Grant and Holland if I include him. Ford is a bit of a wildcard (all over in rankings here). But really these rankings would change depending on the scheme you’re drafting for 

Honestly I found a weird phenomenon this year where DB tape was impossible to find and I couldn’t find much (haven’t even scouted Sterns)

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, Ozzy said:

In the UDFA pile

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:22 PM, Jeezla said:

Rank these 8 safeties in the order which you would draft them (assuming you needed to draft 2 safeties/weren't set at either safety spot):

Paris Ford
Jevon Holland
Andre Cisco
Talanoa Hufanga
Trevon Moehrig
Richie Grant
Ar'Darius Washington
Benjamin St-Juste (As a CB>S convert)

1. Paris Ford
2. Trevon Moehrig
3. Andre Cisco
4. Jevon Holland
5. Richie Grant
6. Ar'Darius Washington
7. Benjamin St. Juste
8. Talanoa Hufanga

I think this is a great safety class. Also, I'm high on Caden Sterns (upside) and Reed Blankenship (just a very good player all-around). They'll be steals for someone. I have them both rated ahead of St. Juste and Hufanga.

I think St. Juste stays at cornerback and I think Hufanga is chronically slow. I don't think he can play deep safety at all.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

After watching him for the last 3 years, I am confident saying that Nasirildeen will be the steal of the draft if he stays healthy. Injuries are a concern though. Ford is my clear top safety in this class followed by Moehrig.

Nasirildeen is intriguing, but he's always been more potential than anything else. His coverage skills are non-existent when he draws a 1-1 matchup. Even in zone, eventually those vertical routes turn into 1-1 situations. He's not instinctive whatsoever in coverage and isn't quick enough to keep up with anyone that plays in the slot. He looks like someone that would be able to cover a TE, but he's struggled to do that. Nasirildeen could be really good, but his tape is littered with atrocious reps in coverage.

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I haven't done any research on this draft class yet. Are there any good single high S's this year? Truly centre-field guys that fit a Bradley D ala the Earl Thomas role?

There are a bunch of guys that can do this. Ones of Earl Thomas' quality? Probably not. But there are guys that can play centerfield very well. A lot of them.

Cisco, Holland, Moehrig, Washington, Ford (even tho he's better off in 2-high), and Blankenship are guys off the top of my head that will excel in deep zone coverage. I know Washington and Holland are being looked at as slot CB options, but I think both could also play single high with no issues.

• Like 1