Official 2021 RB Thread

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Williams really reminds me of Nick Chubb. I think he's an easier pro projection than either Harris or Etienne. 

Yeah, I was kind of scared of making that comparison - but he Chubb was the guy who came immediately to mind based on his running style alone

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Oh man, he would be so perfect for that scheme.

I really like the fit. 

Apparently last year had we not moved up for Aiyuk and stayed at 31, the pick was going to be CEH (according to Matt Maiocco, which means it's probably 98% accurate). So I'm definitely expecting us to draft a guy at some point in the middle rounds.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I really like the fit. 

Apparently last year had we not moved up for Aiyuk and stayed at 31, the pick was going to be CEH (according to Matt Maiocco, which means it's probably 98% accurate). So I'm definitely expecting us to draft a guy at some point in the middle rounds.

Wanna trade CEH for Aiyuk?  

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 5:03 AM, MikeT14 said:

I'm curious where Herbert would be on that list. I felt like he'd be up there too. 

I don't know if someone responded as I'm reading the thread post by post, but Khalil Herbert on the Yards After Contact metric you were quoting is 4.74 which is uh first of those guys but tied with Jaret Patterson.

Edited by Trojan

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Pooka is so underrated, if he played for any school other than Kansas, he would be a household name

He's really good, but he's also incredibly tiny. He makes Darren Sproles look like Mike Alstott.

I'm a big Pooka fan. His lateral quickness is crazy good and he's just a dynamo with the ball in his hands. That said, he's going to be oft-injured methinks.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, warsawian said:

Kylin Hill is my favorite late round RB, he reminds me so much of Kareem Hunt.  Crazy that last year he was considered a 3rd round prospect. 

I don't really understand why his stock is so down. Reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw. I actually have him in my top 5 at the position this year. 

On 3/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, Forge said:

Apparently the niners are really into pooka williams

Boy...I would hate this. Pooka is going to be a weapon if he gets on a team that uses him right, and there's no doubt in my mind Shanahan would use him right. 

On 3/8/2021 at 12:33 PM, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, I was kind of scared of making that comparison - but he Chubb was the guy who came immediately to mind based on his running style alone

I don't think he's quite THAT good. I personally have him comped to Jonathan Taylor (which you could argue isn't a far cry from Chubb). Both guys are dense backs with great open field speed and underrated receiving chops (JW better in that department), but I think Javonte will experience some of the same early struggles as JT due to questions over vision and lack of flexibility. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics