Official 2021 RB Thread

On 2/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, jrry32 said:

Good vision and instincts. Pretty good agility. Everything else is pretty average. He'll get what's blocked, but he's not going to create a lot of yardage. Can contribute in the passing game, but won't be overly dynamic there either. I'd compare him to Corey Clement.

I'd go as far as to say that, outside of Najee Harris, Jermar has the best vision/instincts in this class. It's a difficult thing to measure, but I see Jermar being a very effective tandem back in the NFL. He has a lot of the same pros and cons as James Robinson from a year ago. 

I've personally had a hard time ranking him because, I agree, his athletic ability doesn't stand out, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a weakness of his game. Corey Clement feels like a pessimistic comp for him. 

15 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't really understand why his stock is so down. Reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw. I actually have him in my top 5 at the position this year. 

He's one of my faves and I keep hoping Vegas takes a shot at him on day 3. 

As for his stock, it's just bad timing imo. 

The scheme change at MSU, the QB rollercoaster, him eventually leaving the squad, other guys leaving the squad, Covid year, etc. 

He's just one of those unfortunate cases who seems to have fallen through the cracks of the weird year. Someone is going to get an absolute steal with him though. 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:30 PM, jrry32 said:

Kenny Gainwell - He's a very dangerous pass catcher. He has elusiveness and vision as a runner. My concern with him is that he's small and not physical. He might be better off as a slot receiver. But he has a lot of potential if a team can bulk him up a bit and get him to play more physically.

On 3/8/2021 at 2:26 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

I imagine he'll be treated similarly to Curtis Samuel at the next level. Perhaps more 50/50 positional split than Samuel, but two very similar size and ability profiles coming out. 

Gainwell to me seems so similar to Antonio Gibson

Personally i rank these backs:

Javontae Williams

Najee Harris

Travis Etienne

Kenneth Gainwell

Michael Carter

• 2 weeks later...

Have we discussed Khalil Herbert's extra fingers and toes and Pooka Williams's lack of toes yet? If not, we really need to. Those are maybe the most interesting facts in this year's draft. 

Pooka Williams is going to be an NFL RB and he hasn't had toes on his right foot since he was 9. That's insane!

I have Etienne and Harris slightly ahead of Williams, but honestly all three of them are first round grades for me. This is the most top heavy RB class in a while. I like the top 3 guys and then after that it’s pretty mediocre imo.