The Austin Seferian-Jenkins Fumble/Touchback

Apparition

48 minutes ago, everlong said:

violin-steve-buscemi.gif?ssl=1

Bad call? Maybe, but the Jets don't deserve any sympathy. They forced a 3 and out afterwards and failed to tie the game when they got the ball back. Good teams suck up bad calls and try to overcome them; bad teams like the Jets blame them exclusively.

So what you're saying is the best team should get bad calls the whole game so they can try to win that way? Your argument is very weak and honestly made no sense at all

54 minutes ago, everlong said:

violin-steve-buscemi.gif?ssl=1

Bad call? Maybe, but the Jets don't deserve any sympathy. They forced a 3 and out afterwards and failed to tie the game when they got the ball back. Good teams suck up bad calls and try to overcome them; bad teams like the Jets blame them exclusively.

Go away

I thought that they got hosed on that call. Does it make any difference the rest of the way? Impossible to say, but I thought that it was a bad call. I feel like it would have been slightly more acceptable had it been ruled a fumble / touchback on the field, but it wasn't, right? I have no idea how you see enough on there to overturn the initial call. It's highly debatable at best. 

31 minutes ago, SpanosPayYourRent said:

So what you're saying is the best team should get bad calls the whole game so they can try to win that way? Your argument is very weak and honestly made no sense at all

Holy crap, straw man much?

I'm saying that bad calls are part of the game and that good teams like NE overcome them and bad teams like the Jets use them as an excuse. As I've said, they forced a 3 and out and were given an opportunity to tie the game and failed.

The only reason this is seen as a big deal because it benefited NE.

4 minutes ago, everlong said:

No, this is a big deal because it was just a terrible call. This is the 4th thread about a call we've had in the last 4 weeks, not to mention a fifth thread about a ref crew's handling of a specific team. It is the only one that involves the Pats, I believe.

4 minutes ago, everlong said:

Holy crap, straw man much?

I'm saying that bad calls are part of the game and that good teams like NE overcome them and bad teams like the Jets use them as an excuse. As I've said, they forced a 3 and out and were given an opportunity to tie the game and failed.

No one is using it as an excuse. People are discussing it. Or is discussion not allowed?

3 minutes ago, Malik said:

No one is using it as an excuse. People are discussing it. Or is discussion not allowed?

You can discuss it all you want, but it doesn't hide the fact the Jets had an opportunity to tie the game and ultimately failed to do so.

Archived