Updated cuts, additions and losses: 2021

whodatworm23

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how we fit Winston into the cap. Cam just took 12m, so he's got to at least be asking for that much.

I reckon we'll aim to be around 25M under the cap. 12M like you said for Winston, another 5M for a draft class. The rest for some cheap vets.

15 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I reckon we'll aim to be around 25M under the cap. 12M like you said for Winston, another 5M for a draft class. The rest for some cheap vets.

Yeah but Winston will likely sign a multi year deal with some void years. This offseason shows once again how irrelevant the cap really is. Except for a few top players, we can get any free agent.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm actually sad to se him go, was a solid, reliable player.

Yep. As a walk on UDFA you could tell this guy had a spot in the NFL. 

He’s the one Payton said (paraphrasing, this was several years ago) “Thank God he didn’t get a combine invite, he can RUN.”

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, JMG5 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how we fit Winston into the cap. Cam just took 12m, so he's got to at least be asking for that much.

Cam basically got $5m

the other 9m is based on incentives like making the pro bowl, all pro, mvp, etc 

Ian Rapoport says Winston is the likely starter in 2021. This has been my only realistic “best outcome” prediction for next year. 

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Tweeted:
From @NFLNetwork: #Saints QB Drew Brees has finally officially retired, but New Orleans had already been working on a deal with Jameis Winston, the likely starter in 2021. https://t.co/Nq1qV2cGa9

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 1:59 PM, tyler735 said:

Well this could certainly make for quite the replacement for Jenkins at CB

We play a lot of man. Not sure if he fits our scheme at all. That being said, his knowledge would be great for our DB room.