GB vs MIN Post-season thread

incognito_man

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i don't know how you realistically get a team of intelligent guys up for games the rest of the way out. There's going to be an edge that is missing inherently.

I don't know, I'd think there will be an extra edge.  These guys are all highly competitive to be in the NFL, and they all hear about how Rodgers is the Packers.  They can prove they aren't completely riding his greatness this year now.  (If there was some kind of joke or sarcasm in your post it went way over my head)

edit - basically what Norm said

4 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I don't know, I'd think there will be an extra edge.  These guys are all highly competitive to be in the NFL, and they all hear about how Rodgers is the Packers.  They can prove they aren't completely riding his greatness this year now.  (If there was some kind of joke or sarcasm in your post it went way over my head)

edit - basically what Norm said

I hope Mike literally pounds that into their heads

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i don't know how you realistically get a team of intelligent guys up for games the rest of the way out. There's going to be an edge that is missing inherently.

Well Adams and others have every reason to want to play hard... they are looking for a new contract.

If guys are going to quit they shouldn't be on the team and if guys quit on McCarthy then he isn't that great of a coach.

Do we not have Rodgers? Sure... but it's not like we have Hoyer or Bortles behind center either. Green Bay will be in games... they just will likely not compete with the better teams in this league.

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

I'll be surprised if GB holds the Saints under 28 points

Hard to say. They usually aren't nearly as explosive outside as they are in their dome. On the other hand, if we have to put out the mash unit we finished today with on D, we'd be hard pressed to stop anyone.

Let's do some hypotheticals. Imagine we lost next week to the Saints, and enter the bye week 4-3. Out of the bye, we're able to regain some health and we are a mostly healthy team (outside of Rodgers being out). Our next six games will be Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland. While perhaps a bit on the optimistic side, I don't think it's crazy to think we could go 3-3 over those 6 games (given a relatively healthy team and Hundley getting some chemistry with the offense). That puts us at 7-6, with 3 games left and Rodgers having 8 weeks off. IF he can somehow come back after 8 weeks, we could win those last 3 games (Carolina, Minnesota, and Detroit) and likely make the playoffs at 10-6.

If Rodgers can't come back, then I say we'll likely finish 8-8 or so. Even if we miraculously make the playoffs, without Rodgers we're toast. That fact alone though isn't an indictment of the team. Very few teams can win in the playoffs with their backup QB.

32 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I hope Mike literally pounds that into their heads

People can question Mike's playcalling/gameplanning/etc, but one thing I don't think anyone can question is he never seems to lose the locker room or respect or anything like that.  We saw that in full effect during the 4 game losing streak last year. 

We should know in the next couple of days whether Rodgers' season is over or not.  If he doesn't need surgery and the break isn't severe he could be back in 8/9 weeks.  If this is the case let's hope Hundley and friends can hold this together until then - either the division or the WC.  We need that praying emoticon back

31 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Well Adams and others have every reason to want to play hard... they are looking for a new contract.

If guys are going to quit they shouldn't be on the team and if guys quit on McCarthy then he isn't that great of a coach.

Do we not have Rodgers? Sure... but it's not like we have Hoyer or Bortles behind center either. Green Bay will be in games... they just will likely not compete with the better teams in this league.

Yeah, guys will still play hard, but when you're down 10 in a game now emotions will die, focus will trail off.

Unless we start stacking success and get an underdog mentality. But it's not just Aaron that's missing, it's like 8 other guys.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, guys will still play hard, but when you're down 10 in a game now emotions will die, focus will trail off.

Unless we start stacking success and get an underdog mentality. But it's not just Aaron that's missing, it's like 8 other guys.

The potentially nice thing is that most of the other injuries are not season ending....at least that we know of.  

Bulaga, Bahktiari coming back after the bye.  Even the possibility of Spriggs or Murphy after their time on the IR to help to stabilize the OT and OL.  

King and Burnett should be back after the bye as well.  Perry reducing the size of the cast will help.  Brooks has been in and out...which has affected the pass rush depth.  

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The potentially nice thing is that most of the other injuries are not season ending....at least that we know of.  

Bulaga, Bahktiari coming back after the bye.  Even the possibility of Spriggs or Murphy after their time on the IR to help to stabilize the OT and OL.  

King and Burnett should be back after the bye as well.  Perry reducing the size of the cast will help.  Brooks has been in and out...which has affected the pass rush depth.  

yep, gotta get healthy everywhere else to make up for it.

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Oh I get it... it's grim. But young guys are fighting for playing time. biegel should be getting ready. They can focus on making this defense better in a lost year by giving experience to young guys.

Archived