GB vs MIN Post-season thread

incognito_man

No one in this division impresses me in the least. Hundley with a week of prep with the 1s likely beats that joke to the west of us yesterday. Detroit is a turnover machine and the Bears are almost a bigger joke then whatever that was yesterday. The division is still there for the taking, and this is the moment that Hundley was drafted and groomed to handle. Need to figure out how to win next week and get healthy over the bye to crush the rest of the other bad teams in this division. The Packers do not need to win the Super Bowl next week, they just need to start taking it game by game now instead of just biding their time until the playoffs. Sucks but that happens when  you are the victim of a border line dirty play (most defenders do let up now once the ball is released in this era due to league safety concerns) and bad break.

I doubt it will be 14-2 or 13-3 like it would have been with Rodgers, but 11-5 or 10-6 is very doable if the Pack can get healthy. Get to the playoffs and see how things set up health wise from there. Until then, let's stop acting like all is lost- everything is right there for the taking right now. Go Pack.

3 hours ago, PackFan4Life said:

No one in this division impresses me in the least. Hundley with a week of prep with the 1s likely beats that joke to the west of us yesterday. Detroit is a turnover machine and the Bears are almost a bigger joke then whatever that was yesterday. The division is still there for the taking, and this is the moment that Hundley was drafted and groomed to handle. Need to figure out how to win next week and get healthy over the bye to crush the rest of the other bad teams in this division. The Packers do not need to win the Super Bowl next week, they just need to start taking it game by game now instead of just biding their time until the playoffs. Sucks but that happens when  you are the victim of a border line dirty play (most defenders do let up now once the ball is released in this era due to league safety concerns) and bad break.

I doubt it will be 14-2 or 13-3 like it would have been with Rodgers, but 11-5 or 10-6 is very doable if the Pack can get healthy. Get to the playoffs and see how things set up health wise from there. Until then, let's stop acting like all is lost- everything is right there for the taking right now. Go Pack.

You are way over-valuing this team without Rodgers. What would our record be right now had Hundley started Week 1? I don't see a single win other than perhaps the Bears game. Remember, this entire year so far, we've had a patchwork OL so imagine playing these same teams without Aaron Rodgers. All of the sudden, the defense does not have to respect the QB's legs, does not have to worry about 25% of the throws that only Rodgers can make, does not have to worry about his pocket awareness and ability to extend plays, and can play down hill football. It's a simple reality....we'd be 1-5, maybe even 0-6 right now without Rodgers. 

Now if we had a healthy OL without major holes at tackle each and every week and could ensure great protection for Hundley so he had extra time to think and more time to stand in the pocket, you'd be talking about a different story possibly. But right now, we don't have that, and the only reason we were 4-1 despite those OL problems is because we had Aaron Rodgers.  

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

He may have weathered the tackle better had he not tried to break his fall.....His arm leveraging against the ground is what popped the collarbone....

You're right but whenever we fall don't we automatically put our arms/hands out to break the fall?   I'm sure we'll find out later today or tomorrow if Aaron is going under the knife or not.

4 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Gonna be so quiet now

One quick TT, MM or Capers should be fired thread should fix it.... kidding! 

Projecting ahead, it's going to be one of those years that I hate the most... football purgatory, not bad enough to get a good pick not good enough to contend.

Hope I'm wrong though! Who knows, maybe Hundley lights it up and we get healthy! 

4 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

One quick TT, MM or Capers should be fired thread should fix it.... kidding! 

Projecting ahead, it's going to be one of those years that I hate the most... football purgatory, not bad enough to get a good pick not good enough to contend.

Hope I'm wrong though! Who knows, maybe Hundley lights it up and we get healthy! 

It's gonna be a crazy ride somehow. I just have to feeling we aren't gonna roll over and it's gonna be fun to watch them battle. Maybe without the stress of thinking SB every week it'll be different. IDK

It will be fun if it's like 2013, and we know Aaron has a chance to come back at least for wildcard weekend.

If he's done until 2018, it's over so I'll compare it to the Brewers this year, the wins were fun, but there's something about knowing in the back of your head you have no chance for a championship that ruins it for me.

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It will be fun if it's like 2013, and we know Aaron has a chance to come back at least for wildcard weekend.

If he's done until 2018, it's over so I'll compare it to the Brewers this year, the wins were fun, but there's something about knowing in the back of your head you have no chance for a championship that ruins it for me.

For sure, that's how I think of it too, minus The Brewers part!

Aaron has a chance to come back, then it's 100%. If not, just enjoy the ride. 

If Rodgers is done for the season regardless of the playoff possibility or not, it will be good to see how the team and coaching staff function with that in play.   Who has the fight and will to raise their game up to make up the difference.  

Get a chance to see Hundley for extended playing time and not just mop up duty.

Development of the RB group, CB group, DL, etc.  

I have lived through and watched enough bad GB football, you still look at those things as a stepping stone for 2018.

22 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You are way over-valuing this team without Rodgers. What would our record be right now had Hundley started Week 1? I don't see a single win other than perhaps the Bears game. Remember, this entire year so far, we've had a patchwork OL so imagine playing these same teams without Aaron Rodgers. All of the sudden, the defense does not have to respect the QB's legs, does not have to worry about 25% of the throws that only Rodgers can make, does not have to worry about his pocket awareness and ability to extend plays, and can play down hill football. It's a simple reality....we'd be 1-5, maybe even 0-6 right now without Rodgers. 

Now if we had a healthy OL without major holes at tackle each and every week and could ensure great protection for Hundley so he had extra time to think and more time to stand in the pocket, you'd be talking about a different story possibly. But right now, we don't have that, and the only reason we were 4-1 despite those OL problems is because we had Aaron Rodgers.  

I disagree, I think the team mindset has been on trying to cover up weaknesses and relying on the best played in the NFL to pull it out, that is pretty normal IMO.

I do agree with the caveat I had in place that you mentioned- if that oline gets healthy after the bye and stays together, this team will win a lot of games. No one on the schedule really worries me except the Steeler game. Find a way to beat New Orleans at home this week and go from there. With a healthy oline, I think 10 wins is doable with Hundley and wins the division.

Archived