David Bakhtiari restructures contract

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Yeah, never really understood the cut Wagner talks. 

He's a serviceable OT and he doesnt cost squat. Those dont just grow on trees - and in these tight times - every tree counts.

I know some people have already posted on this, but I feel, especially in this offseason there should be a thread dedicated to the cap/offseason we are now in. I am not one to make threads so if the powers to be disagree, feel free to delete. I'm just a fan of one stop shopping. 

Also, this is a very good first step. Glad to see the brass is already getting to work.

• CWood21 changed the title to David Bakhtiari restructures contract
3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I wonder if anyone else will restructure or if there will be any other free agent buzz in this unprecedent off season? 😊

Don't think there's any real restructure candidates other than Aaron Rodgers and Za'Darius Smith.  And I'd probably argue that Za'Darius Smith is probably more of an extension candidate than a restructure candidate IMO.  Davante Adams is an extension candidate.  But beyond that, there's not really going to be major moves made to clear significant cap space.

More will happen, as Gutey stated that they will kick the can down the road on certain players contracts so as to have cap space to make acquisitions in FA. He said that with the acknowledgement that the cap will go down

• Like 2

Like the room this move created.

Though we created more space, I wish we had cleared 6.9M.  Would have been fitting.

Anyway, the easy one is done.  Now they get tougher.  But, not impossible.