Antoine Winfield Jr. fined $7,815 for mocking Tyreek Hill during Super Bowl LV

Dome

This doesn't deserve a thread in NFL news, but holy smokes the NFL is soft as hell. (IMO, dont @ me) 

How is the flag not enough of a penalty here?

There have been worse "taunts" and trash talking throughout the year, and in previous years... what's the precedent for a fine here? Am I just ignorant and a fine for a taunt is common?

Discuss. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/antoine-winfield-jr-fined-7815-for-mocking-tyreek-hill-during-super-bowl-lv-201814971.html

Edited by Dome

10 minutes ago, sayheykid said:

I imagine he'd tell you it was worth it. The photo of Winfield throwing the deuces back in Hill's face is my desktop background from now until forever.

Is "the deuces" the peace sign?  If so, I think I must be missing something.  Is there something taunting about the peace sign?

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Really?  What's wrong with the peace sign? 

Nothing. Same as the penalty itself, you can throw up a peace sign, no big deal. You can't shove any gesture into an opponent's face. It's why Hill has been penalized/fined...intermittently. When he's 20 yards away and throws up a peace sign, it's whatever. Do it straight to an opponent, it's a taunt.

Not really a huge deal.

• Like 1