Johnny Nix 7 rounder 2.0

Johnny Nix

8 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I used the PFN simulator, so entirely possible they hadn’t updated who stayed and went out for the draft. I’m sure I will be doing another one in the upcoming months, so hopefully it gets updated. These simulators cut out the time it takes to do these by a lot. As far as some of the players you mentioned falling, I think I need to go back and review them, but at the same time players fall all the time. 

I could tell it was a simulator sorta as in the 1st 2 rounds we reached a bit on players in Farley and Perkins.  Who their are quite a few players i take before them at each pick.  Farley for sure i wouldn't even look at inside the top 5 or maybe 10.   I would much rather take Sewell, Surtain, Parsons, or as last resort slater over Farley.  Heck even value wise i might be talked into one of the 2 god tier Wr's just based on value over Farley.  Although i probably wouldn't go that route for any of the 3 in the top 5 since we have much better options i already listed :D

Was gonna say Perkins in 2 is a good bit of a reach imo and i wouldn't have went that route but somehow we ended up with Ettiene in round 3 who is a late 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder easily.  So those 2 guys values sorta evened out for us.  You could very easily swap Ettiene and Perkins as our 2 picks in round 2 and 3 and it would still be good for us and make the 2 picks more realistic where they probably go.

Carman is a really good get for us in round 4 but i doubt he makes it that far thats probably the simulator at work again :P  Still win for us there as well and i'll take it for sure.  Rest of the draft was solid picks and grabbing a few needs here and there no big complaints. 

So honestly i would swap Farley out for one of those guys i listed Sewell, Parsons, or Surtain   change Ettiene and Perkins to the opposite rounds so they look like their getting picked where expected  and keep the rest the same and were good to go for the Falcons.

I'd probably say F- for the Browns, but I'm in a good mood today so gonna go with an F.

There is zero chance the Browns go safety in the first, even though Moerig is quality.  We may run three safeties often, but our other holes on defense are immense.  Delpit is going to be back next season and the team seems happy with Harrison at the other spot.  I expect we'll draft another safety or two even (esp. if one of them is a s/lb hybrid) but not over DE/LB/DT(/CB even).  Barmore, Basham, maybe even Samuel or Philips (assuming his medical checks out, which it may not) would make more sense there.  I don't like our second round pick with the risk of his injury and then a bad year--would say to just grab the value pick of Rondale Moore.  Even assuming OBJ is back, our offense is lacking a speed guy to open it up.  In the third, Jabril Cox makes a lot of sense for what we're doing on defense, and I like Rodarious Williams better than the guy you gave us (but that's not that big a deal, I suppose).  I HATE Seth Williams's potential in the NFL (but maybe I'm wrong, of course).  He looks sooooooooo slow.  Twyman right there would be money, and Wade just for the past success would be worth a shot (I feel the same way about Dylan Moses, just not at #59 unless his injury was worse than we thought and that that was what the problem was).  I don't like the rest of the picks either lol.

tl;dr eww

People saying "x would NEVER go in the 4th round" get proven wrong so frequently, year after year. Conventional wisdom is pretty solid when it comes to the first round, not so much on Day 2 and beyond. So don't sweat it too much.

This is a pretty crazy good mock for the Lions, getting multiple picks to trade down when the QBs are all gone anyway, and then Tufele, Adebo, Roche aren't my draft crushes at those positions but they seem good value at their respective draft slots, bearing in mind what I said above. Cisco and Watkins in the 4th and 5th are lovely.