NFL has no approval process for owners who transfer their team to family members

DigInBoys

Interesting article, thought some might be interested:

The reason for avoiding an approval process for family members is simple. As the source explained it, there are too many owners who know that one or more of their children would not get the 24 votes necessary to approve the transaction.

And that’s one of the very real dynamics that makes pro football so compelling. These multi-billion-dollar football organizations ultimately are ruled by monarchies, with each king or queen deciding who takes over at the appropriate time. As long as there are sufficient resources available to pay the estate taxes (and that’s becoming more and more challenging as franchise values continue to climb), the keys can be handed to any family member — no matter how badly that person could or will screw things up.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/14/nfl-has-no-approval-process-for-owners-who-transfer-their-team-to-family-members/?partner=Yahoo

2 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

I love how this is a talking point after watching the last few weeks/months of Cal McNair. 

The writing is on the wall - Cal McNair is the worst owner in sports and the only real salvation for the Texans is life without the McNair family.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I love how this is a talking point after watching the last few weeks/months of Cal McNair. 

The writing is on the wall - Cal McNair is the worst owner in sports and the only real salvation for the Texans is life without the McNair family.

I'm ready to start the "go fund me" when you are. 

"Help ET and Forge raise 3.5 Billion dollars to release the shackles placed by the mcnair family on football loving houston fans! Rebel against the tyrannical monarchy that are the mcnairs as they continue to maniacally strip the denizens of this fair city of all their football hope and dreams!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm ready to start the "go fund me" when you are. 

"Help ET and Forge raise 3.5 Billion dollars to release the shackles placed by the mcnair family on football loving houston fans! Rebel against the tyrannical monarchy that are the mcnairs as they continue to maniacally strip the denizens of this fair city of all their football hope and dreams!" 

I'm actually thinking of going the Andy Dufrense route - write Jeff Bezos two letters a day, asking for $10b to buy the Houston Texans.

It might take me a bit, but I'll buy the Texans and probably have a few bucks to buy a gold plated Escalade...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually thinking of going the Andy Dufrense route - write Jeff Bezos two letters a day, asking for $10b to buy the Houston Texans.

It might take me a bit, but I'll buy the Texans and probably have a few bucks to buy a gold plated Escalade...

Hey, that's my plan.  Plus Cincy has a major Amazon hub.  

It might take you 50 years to pull it off, but Andy would pull it off in under twenty.  Just sayin'

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Mike Brown took over for his father who died in 1991.

Look at the Bengals before and after.

Its early but I am confident that Cal McNair is far worse than Mike Brown.

If the Texans win even 18 games over the next 3 years it will be a miracle.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

One day, you and I are going to do something special. It could be owning the Texans, could also be something more similar to thelma and louise. Either way, it's gonna be big. 

• Like 2

That's life. Part of growing up is realizing how corrupt and evil things are and realizing you can't do anything about it so not caring and moving on.

These younger kids think they are enacting widespread social change by posting hash tags on twitter and instagram but really they're all just narcissists. They're going to be in for a rude awakening when they get older and realize they're in a mental prison and nobody cares or has sympathy for them and guys like Cal McNair are still running the show.

Edited by Kirill

7 hours ago, Forge said:

One day, you and I are going to do something special. It could be owning the Texans, could also be something more similar to thelma and louise. Either way, it's gonna be big. 

@ramssuperbowl99, @jrry32 and I are going to start up a Ponzi scheme where we're up front about the Ponzi aspect... Then, we're not really comitting a crime, y'know?

We could always use an extra hand, but you have to hate either the Texans or Rams, which is the easy part... I think.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@ramssuperbowl99, @jrry32 and I are going to start up a Ponzi scheme where we're up front about the Ponzi aspect... Then, we're not really comitting a crime, y'know?

@jrry32 can confirm as the lawyer, but I think it'd look better if we avoid sticking a question mark at the end of the sentence where we tell people it's not a crime.

• Like 2