Jump to content

Could Lakers trade for Beal after Anthony Davis injury?


Recommended Posts

Anthony Davis has tendonosis in his heel/achillies area, this is worse than tendinitis that we all know.

Since the Lakers could be lost Davis for the year - at worst several weeks or months, this seems like a good time to make a trade involving Beal for some of the Lakers young talent & picks.

How about?

Lakers Get: Bradley Beal 

• Robin Lopez

• Jerome Robinson

Wizards Get: 2023 & 2024 firsts (LeBron could retire after the 2022 season making the 2023 & 2024 firsts probably higher picks)

• Kyle Kuzma

• Caldwell-Pope

• Wesley Matthews 

• Talen Horton-Tucker

Tendonosis (also spelled tendinosis) is a chronic condition involving deterioration of collagen (a structural protein) in the tendons. Tendonosis is caused by chronic overuse of a tendon. It can occur in any tendon, but most often occurs in the tendons of the: heel (in the Achilles tendon) wrists.Jan 22, 2018
www.healthline.com  health › tend...
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Anthony Davis has tendonosis in his heel/achillies area, this is worse than tendinitis that we all know.

Since the Lakers could be lost Davis for the year - at worst several weeks or months, this seems like a good time to make a trade involving Beal for some of the Lakers young talent & picks.

How about?

Lakers Get: Bradley Beal 

• Robin Lopez

• Jerome Robinson

Wizards Get: 2023 & 2024 firsts (LeBron could retire after the 2022 season making the 2023 & 2024 firsts probably higher picks)

• Kyle Kuzma

• Caldwell-Pope

• Wesley Matthews 

• Talen Horton-Tucker

Tendonosis (also spelled tendinosis) is a chronic condition involving deterioration of collagen (a structural protein) in the tendons. Tendonosis is caused by chronic overuse of a tendon. It can occur in any tendon, but most often occurs in the tendons of the: heel (in the Achilles tendon) wrists.Jan 22, 2018
www.healthline.com  health › tend...

Numerous teams beat that offer without even trying that hard, so my answer is probably not.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Numerous teams beat that offer without even trying that hard, so my answer is probably not.

In which way? Do you mean teams beat the Lakers offer for Beal? Or the Lakers are giving up too much?

I’m a Wizards fan and I’d like to ship Beal to the Western Conference. I do think that trading Beal to the Trailblazers makes more sense & they have more talented youth to give us back plus the same 2 or 3 first round picks like we’d get from anyone else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

In which way? Do you mean teams beat the Lakers offer for Beal? Or the Lakers are giving up too much?

I’m a Wizards fan and I’d like to ship Beal to the Western Conference. I do think that trading Beal to the Trailblazers makes more sense & they have more talented youth to give us back plus the same 2 or 3 first round picks like we’d get from anyone else. 

Teams can beat the offer. Anyone would be willing to move two first round picks, and the Lakers picks don't hold any value. Lebron isn't retiring after 2022. A laundry list of teams could give you better young talent and better picks. Kuzma is a good role player but thats essentially his ceiling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Not sure the Lakers have the capital to grab Beal without giving up too much of their future assets. 

 

Also there is the issue with Beal not wanting to leave.

Yeah, Beal says all the right things in public and as a wizards fan I don’t want to trade him but, it’s best for him & the prime of his career to be on a Championship contending team.

You are right though, other teams can put together better packages. AD’s injury last night just spurred this thought in my head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Teams can beat the offer. Anyone would be willing to move two first round picks, and the Lakers picks don't hold any value. Lebron isn't retiring after 2022. A laundry list of teams could give you better young talent and better picks. Kuzma is a good role player but thats essentially his ceiling. 

Agreed! And I’m glad others see it that way, bc I think the Wizards can do better too if Beal ever does demand a trade which, he may never do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed! And I’m glad others see it that way, bc I think the Wizards can do better too if Beal ever does demand a trade which, he may never do.

I think the Wizards are building something decent, just need to rid themselves of Westbrook and that contract and hit on the lotto this year

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think the Wizards are building something decent, just need to rid themselves of Westbrook and that contract and hit on the lotto this year

I don’t see how they can rid themselves of the Westbrook contract unless they buy Westbrook out and I don’t see Ted Leonsis agreeing to do that. The whole reason they have the Westbrook contract is because they wanted to move Wall and his contract. There are only so many max overpaid players that they could move it for. 

The whole reason they even have Westbrook is bc of Scott Brooks, Ernie & Brooks ruined this team since they barely lost to the Celtics in game 7 of the eastern conference semifinals 3 years ago. They traded away their 4 best front court players two years ago, then Wall got hurt & it’s been downhill ever since.

Brooks needs to go, he’s done enough damage & the longer he stays the more damage he does. I think Ted just won’t retain Brooks after this season, but I’d sure like to see Tony Brown or Robert Pack be the Wizards interim coach the second half of the year as a test run to see how the team responds to them as the HC.

I think Westbrook can play better than he has the first half of the season bc he’s just now getting healthy but he still has no chemistry w/ Beal & the team. It’s also clear that Westbrook had lost a step and won’t ever live up to his current salary - same w/ Wall after his knee injuries & torn achillies.

If the Wizards had kept Wall that he’d be shooting a higher % than Westbrook. Westbrook is averaging 20 ppg, 7 down from last year. If Wall was still here, I think he’d be averaging between 22 & 24 ppg this year if he was shooting the same amount of shots that Westbrook has been.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think the Wizards are building something decent, just need to rid themselves of Westbrook and that contract and hit on the lotto this year

Are they? A lot of tweeners and non-shooters among their youth.

I don't see much to be excited about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Are they? A lot of tweeners and non-shooters among their youth.

I don't see much to be excited about.

Agree to an extent but, you have to look at the ages/inexperience of their young guys like Avdija, Bryant, Garrison Matthews, Rui, Troy Brown, Jr (TBJ) & Wagner who are developing as both players & 3-pt shooters.

Avdija is just a rookie & is fresh off the boat from Israel, he’s only 20. He’s a 36% 3-pt shooter as a 20 year old.

Bryant was our center before his ACL injury and will be just 24 when next season starts, he was shooting 42% from 3.

Rui is in his 2nd year and only 23. He’s gotten better at 3-pt shooting, 28% his rookie year and now 32%.

Wagner is only 23 and is now our starting center since Bryant tore his AC... Finally!!

Brooks should’ve started him immediately after Bryant went down instead if wasting time starting Robin Lopez. 

They also have Troy Brown Jr is just 21 & Garrison Matthews is 24, they are bench players, neither have gotten as many consistent minutes as they should’ve this year bc Brooks keeps playing 2 PG line ups w/ a combination of Westbrook, Ish Smith & Raul Neto instead of playing TBJ & Matthews more as reserve wings.

TBJ is 21 and Brooks gives him very inconsistent minutes & used him wrong the first two years of his career. I think the Wiz made a mistake by signing Raul Neto over signing a 3 & D SF. TBJ is more point forward than wing, he’s best initiating the offense but Brooks has tried to pigeon hole him into a SG/SF his first two years. Only recently has Brooks played TBJ as a PG more initiating the offense. 
 

Matthews is 24 and their back up SG who can play some SF, he started vs the Celtics. He’s shooting 38% from 3 this year.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...