WFT hires Chris Polian

ARTMONK HOF

On 2/23/2021 at 12:59 AM, Woz said:

Do you pronounce it with an "ahh" sound as in "waft" (the smell of the crap that is being slung around) or "ihh" sound as in "wiffed" (as in their decision process)? Inquiring minds want to know for proper usage.

It's kinda like the word data. Where some people pronounce the first "a" as in the word "Asia" and some people pronounce it as if saying the word "cat".

I do both depending upon what I'm talking about. If I'm talking about the entirety of the accumulated data, I use the "long a". But if I'm referring to a specific subset of that accumulated data, I use the "short a". I know it makes no sense to read that, but it makes perfect sense to me and that's all that matters.

So please use them BOTH when the situation warrants.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 5:35 PM, Thaiphoon said:

It's kinda like the word data. Where some people pronounce the first "a" as in the word "Asia" and some people pronounce it as if saying the word "cat".

I do both depending upon what I'm talking about. If I'm talking about the entirety of the accumulated data, I use the "long a". But if I'm referring to a specific subset of that accumulated data, I use the "short a". I know it makes no sense to read that, but it makes perfect sense to me and that's all that matters.

So please use them BOTH when the situation warrants.

Hmm, would it be fair to then say that one uses the "long a" for the present tense ("waift") and "short a" for past tense ("wahft")? Maybe the "short i" ("wiffed") for the future continous tense?

Examples:
They have WFT'ed (WAHHfted) the quarterback position for decades.
They are WFTing (WAIFting) the opportunity presented by having a lot of cap space and an above average number of good players due to the salary cap dropping this year.
They will WFT (WIFFt) the fact that the rest of the NFC East is going to implode going forward.

?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Woz said:

Hmm, would it be fair to then say that one uses the "long a" for the present tense ("waift") and "short a" for past tense ("wahft")? Maybe the "short i" ("wiffed") for the future continous tense?

Examples:
They have WFT'ed (WAHHfted) the quarterback position for decades.
They are WFTing (WAIFting) the opportunity presented by having a lot of cap space and an above average number of good players due to the salary cap dropping this year.
They will WFT (WIFFt) the fact that the rest of the NFC East is going to implode going forward.

?

Yes. And now that you've cracked the code, you are slated for termination by Jason Bourne

• Like 1