Packer Prospect Interest Thread

Arthur Penske

1 minute ago, gopackgo972 said:

I would love Darby and you can get him on the 3rd day.

Low RAS (did the calc and he's like 6.04). But Brown was sub-4 on RAS and I had him in a Mach Draft in the mid rounds for GB. Darby seems to have that field-awareness and playing "ease" I like to see in WRs. Looks smooth, little wasted movement. Plays quicker than his numbers would suggest.

I approach the draft process probably a little different than most fans in that I am only trying to view the draft through the Packers eyes, who do they like and who is on their board and where. I don't fall in love with any of them and whoever they draft is fine with me, because they are much more informed then I am. With the Packers board in mind, who is on their CB board and in what order? Who are the best scheme fits? Who are the most likely to be wearing the Green and Gold in the fall of 2021? Who is your 10 most likely Packers?

Edited by R T

46 minutes ago, R T said:

I approach the draft process probably a little different than most fans in that I am only trying to view the draft through the Packers eyes, who do they like and who is on their board and where. I don't fall in love with any of them and whoever they draft is fine with me, because they are much more informed then I am. With the Packers board in mind, who is on their CB board and in what order? Who are the best scheme fits? Who are the most likely to be wearing the Green and Gold in the fall of 2021? Who is your 10 most likely Packers?

Asante Samuel Jr. can do in GB what Darious Williams did in Rams. I believe he's one of the best scheme fits for us.

2 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Asante Samuel Jr. can do in GB what Darious Williams did in Rams. I believe he's one of the best scheme fits for us.

Agree on Samuel Jr. that he is a great scheme fit and probably a strong candidate for the Packers in the early part of the draft.

2 hours ago, VonKarman said:

2 hours ago, R T said:

Agree on Samuel Jr. that he is a great scheme fit and probably a strong candidate for the Packers in the early part of the draft.

First off, I'm a fan of Samuel Jr.  

He played a lot of man in college.  But I really like his anticipation.  I like his short range quickness and speed.  I think he has a really nice football IQ.  To me, he should excel in zone.  But when I read up on him, they say his zone coverage is lacking compared to his man to man skills.

Write ups say he's not a good slot corner yet.  I think he has the traits to play there, but I wish he was a little bigger.

In regards to how he fits us...depends on what we play in the secondary.  If we are going to play more zone like last year?  Eh.  But if we are going to play more man, which is what is more or less expected, then yah, I like his fit.

I don't much like him in round one, though.  But if we were to trade down, I'm good with that.

I like Newsome better at corner.  And that is after the biggest corner names.

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Low RAS (did the calc and he's like 6.04). But Brown was sub-4 on RAS and I had him in a Mach Draft in the mid rounds for GB. Darby seems to have that field-awareness and playing "ease" I like to see in WRs. Looks smooth, little wasted movement. Plays quicker than his numbers would suggest.

Agree on your assessment. Smooth, strong, body control. Problem for him is that he ran a 4.61 at his Pro Day. But I think he's worth a shot in round 6 or later.

5 hours ago, VonKarman said:

people have him pegged all over the draft in regards to draft position. When do you think he goes in the draft?