Jump to content

Packer Prospect Interest Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

 

What's up with all the interest in these low-level guys from Auburn. I looked at their pro-day numbers(link below) and it seemed like all the DB's and LB's had a 4.75 40 time.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/auburn-pro-day-updates-anthony-schwartz-seth-williams-jamien-sherwood-kj-britt-jordyn-peters-162603336/

I'm guessing he'd be another ST's ace that can give us SOMETHING in a back-up role...I think we could do better however...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe said:

What's up with all the interest in these low-level guys from Auburn. I looked at their pro-day numbers(link below) and it seemed like all the DB's and LB's had a 4.75 40 time.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/auburn-pro-day-updates-anthony-schwartz-seth-williams-jamien-sherwood-kj-britt-jordyn-peters-162603336/

I'm guessing he'd be another ST's ace that can give us SOMETHING in a back-up role...I think we could do better however...

Schwartz had a blazing time.  Seth Williams was in the 4.5 range at his size.

But I get what you are saying about Sherwood.  I watched a little bit of him.  Thought he was okay.  Maybe they have him in mind as a late round flier or UDFA like we tend to take at safety.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Schwartz had a blazing time.  Seth Williams was in the 4.5 range at his size.

But I get what you are saying about Sherwood.  I watched a little bit of him.  Thought he was okay.  Maybe they have him in mind as a late round flier or UDFA like we tend to take at safety.

Agree. Late rounder or UDFA who will be more LB than Safety, probably the ideal replacement for Raven Greene and a player with a pretty good ST pedigree.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R T said:

Agree. Late rounder or UDFA who will be more LB than Safety, probably the ideal replacement for Raven Greene and a player with a pretty good ST pedigree.  

UDFA for sure. There will be better players available in the latter rounds and both ILB and DB. KJ Britt scares me and Sherwood is a JAG at best TBH...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

2nd meeting with Samuel jr

 

 

ASJ RAS score: 6.42

He said he "like" Jaire.

Jaire Alexander RAS score: 9.54.

I like ASJ.  But I'm not sure GB is gonna like him enough with that score to take him in the first two rounds of the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe said:

What's up with all the interest in these low-level guys from Auburn. I looked at their pro-day numbers(link below) and it seemed like all the DB's and LB's had a 4.75 40 time.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/auburn-pro-day-updates-anthony-schwartz-seth-williams-jamien-sherwood-kj-britt-jordyn-peters-162603336/

I'm guessing he'd be another ST's ace that can give us SOMETHING in a back-up role...I think we could do better however...

Hufanga, Holland, Sherwood.   I think the Packers are watching these types with a clear role in mind.  I'd be surprised if we don't take one of these types....

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Hufanga, Holland, Sherwood.   I think the Packers are watching these types with a clear role in mind.  I'd be surprised if we don't take one of these types....

I'd rather Hufanga or Holland over Sherwood.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe said:

I'd rather Hufanga or Holland over Sherwood.

I agree Joe, no doubt.  But those two will cost far more in draft round.   May be worth it, no argument there

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Not as sure about Samuel as I was before his Pro Day. Dude isn't just short - he's tiny. 

I've gone back on my assessment on him as well. I think he'll be there at 62 provided we don't give up the pick first. 

Did some research on Hufanga and I don't want him anymore than I want Sherwood either. With that in mind, what is our general consensus on Divine Deablo out of Va. Tech? Seems like a 6-3 226 lb. lump of clay...

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Joe said:

I've gone back on my assessment on him as well. I think he'll be there at 62 provided we don't give up the pick first. 

Did some research on Hufanga and I don't want him anymore than I want Sherwood either. With that in mind, what is our general consensus on Divine Deablo out of Va. Tech? Seems like a 6-3 226 lb. lump of clay...

I still have Josh Jones and Aaron Rouse PTSD so would have to be a late round flier. Those guys are the ultimate dart throw at a tiny and moving target. Worse of all, if you miss, they are almost unplayable, because he would be first to be picked on. He seems to have a long long way to go

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Joe said:

I've gone back on my assessment on him as well. I think he'll be there at 62 provided we don't give up the pick first. 

Did some research on Hufanga and I don't want him anymore than I want Sherwood either. With that in mind, what is our general consensus on Divine Deablo out of Va. Tech? Seems like a 6-3 226 lb. lump of clay...

I watched him try to cover WR's at the Senior Bowl.  It wasn't pretty.  He's stiff.  Granted, he probably won't line up 1:1 with a WR with an open field around him, but still I'd like a safety to be a lot more fluid in movement than what I saw from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless it's Holland, I think the Packers will be looking for a Safety mid to late round.  They have two starting quality Safeties, they'll be looking for that hybrid role.  Not as important with that guy to be able to cover WR's one on one.  Certainly a plus and Holland has that skill set, but he will cost.  That mid to late round guy will be a tenacious tackler, very instinctive, and cover some more so the TE's and RB's when needed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cannondale said:

I still have Josh Jones and Aaron Rouse PTSD so would have to be a late round flier. Those guys are the ultimate dart throw at a tiny and moving target. Worse of all, if you miss, they are almost unplayable, because he would be first to be picked on. He seems to have a long long way to go

Throw Oren Burks into that mix as well. He's only 233 and IIRC he put on 10 lb.s at Vandy to move to the LB role.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...