Packer Prospect Interest Thread

Arthur Penske

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Throw Oren Burks into that mix as well. He's only 233 and IIRC he put on 10 lb.s at Vandy to move to the LB role.

Yep. Somebody was the first to take a tweener and make him valuable. But at the end of the day, it's a guy that can't play either spots at a high level. I'm sure scheme, coaching, and surrounding talent has a lot to do with it as well. Makes you wonder why the Packers would even effort that guy at this point.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I was thinking of Burks too Joe, the Packers haven't had much success in their search.  Doesn't mean they won't keep looking...

That's the scary thing. Maybe Barry's defense doesn't employ that particular role....or so we could hope. Any decent SS should be able to cover a TE.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

But at the end of the day, it's a guy that can't play either spots at a high level. 

which is why you don't even bother in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

That's the scary thing. Maybe Barry's defense doesn't employ that particular role....or so we could hope. Any decent SS should be able to cover a TE.

which is why you don't even bother in the first place. 

Unless you have the talent around him to allow his tweener skills to flourish. Cross the Packers off that list. It's probably a miracle Greene didn't get killed

Edited by cannondale

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Unless you have the talent around him to allow his tweener skills to flourish. Cross the Packers off that list. It's probably a miracle Greene didn't get killed

What tweener skills did Burks really have though? Greene actually showed some skill.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The Packers have sucked drafting in the 3rd round for what seems like a decade....

Amen to that. I've watched the draft every year going back to at least the Rodgers draft. Every year, like clockwork, I've watched them select a guy who basically has a late round/UDFA grade. Every year I tell myself to trust that the Packers scouts have better info than the talking heads. And every year I watch the third round pick from two or three years ago flame out. It seems beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

I think the other issue is how seriously people have started to take themselves over this stuff. It's part of the reason I've walked away from it a bit. It's this huge magnet for people who want to tell everyone how smart they are when they were really mostly throwing darts. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think the other issue is how seriously people have started to take themselves over this stuff. It's part of the reason I've walked away from it a bit. It's this huge magnet for people who want to tell everyone how smart they are when they were really most throwing darts. 

I catch myself in that to, but usually it is being the defender of the front office versus the fans claiming the Packers should of done what they thought rather then what the Packers actually did. It can at times, be where people take themselves too serious on the draft stuff though, myself included. Just try to enjoy the journey, man.   

• Like 2