Which one of these trades would you sign off on?

whodatworm23

On 2/15/2021 at 5:08 PM, whodatworm23 said:

Remeber... #5 was also kinda the Saints doing Jordan a solid as well. Jordan will never demand a trade hes above that I believe but the truth is that his best years left is over the next two years and the Saints will be in cap restraints during that time IMO. Can he help the team chace a playoff spot... maybe, maybe not but I look at his situation similar to Rickey Jacksons towards the end of his career when he went to the 49ers and got a ring and retired two years later. I know Jacksons Saints sack record is important to Jordan so I doubt he'd sign off on a trade but it was worth tossing it out there.

Keep in mind, Jordan just tweeted the other day that he wants the entire defense back. He loves this team. I don't think he wants to leave.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Keep in mind, Jordan just tweeted the other day that he wants the entire defense back. He loves this team. I don't think he wants to leave.

Jordan will soon realize that he's been paid and many on that defense wants to be paid. Can't pay everyone so until he agrees to take a massive pay cut hes just giving you lip service. 

18 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Jordan will soon realize that he's been paid and many on that defense wants to be paid. Can't pay everyone so until he agrees to take a massive pay cut hes just giving you lip service. 

I get that, but it's not really the point I was trying to make. It seemed like you were saying a trade could be doing him right so he could go elsewhere etc... I was simply saying that I don't think he wants to go anywhere else.
That said, you're right, it could all be lip service. He was raised by a Viking and is a Vikings fan, so there's that.

On 2/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, whodatworm23 said:

#5. Saints trade Cameron Jordan to the Kansas City Chiefs for the 31st overall selection in 2021.

This one stings just writing it… Cameron Jordan has been arguably the best dual defensive end in the NFL for years now and at 32 years old he likely has about another 2-3 years left of elite play as both a run defender and edge rusher. The reality is that the Saints will be patchworking this roster for at least the next two seasons. Finding a trading partner for Jordan to a contender would be a way to do Jordan a solid while also freeing up cap space and acquiring a top draft pick to use to get younger at the position. The New England Patriots were the masters of moving on from a great player a year or two early instead of holding on too long. Jordan can still be a special player and could likely restructure his deal and help the Chiefs win another Superbowl within the next 2 years but on the Saints he'll simply be chasing the Saints all time sack record while trying to make the team a playoff contender. Sadly I feel this is a deal that should and should be made despite not really wanting to do it.

I mean if Cam Jordan is going be traded, I believe the Browns have a slightly higher pick. 

Plus no need to strengthen the most likely AFC opponent in case the Saints make it to the Superbowl

I'm not against doing Cam a solid and sending him to an immediate superbowl contender, assuming he wants to leave.  He deserves to get a ring before he retires.  He was the only bright spot on historically bad defenses for years, and by the time we actually decided to field a decent defense, Brees is old, and Cam's prime is behind us.