Former Chargers / Bucs WR Vincent Jackson found deceased at 38

Forge

Just woke up and saw this... Completely shocked! 

He's just a few months older than me.... Really hard to take in... 

I loved him as a Charger for a long time, as he worked really hard to become one of the best. And definitely was a really fun player to watch with all those deep balls and amazing grabs. 

His DUIs were the thing that derailed his career in SD, but he was still top level and had a collection of great seasons in Tampa... 

Hard to see someone go, with so much to live for, especially someone who you followed through the years... 

• Like 2

Just thinking off the top of my head, as far as receivers go, I think a good case could be made that VJax was the best receiver to wear #83. From what I can recall at this moment the only other candidates are HOFer Andre Reed, and Wes Welker. All three are different types of players, but I think I'd still rather have Jackson personally. Non-receivers you have guys like Ted Hendricks, Steve Jordan, and I guess Darren Waller is making his way up the charts. 

Ex-WR Vincent Jackson may have suffered from alcoholism, concussions, sheriff's office says

TAMPA, Fla. -- The family of late Buccaneers and Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson told the Hillsborough County Sherriff's Office that they believe he was suffering from "chronic alcoholism" and concussions at the time of his death, the sheriff's office said Wednesday.

Let's not copy/paste the ENTIRE article...

7 hours ago, Starless said:

A lot of NFL players fall into a pit of depression after they retire because they can't adapt to life after football. Some of them never managed to climb out. Absolute shame.

Seems odd this is becoming the defining narrative when the fact he was known to be 'dealing with concussions' is screaming but we all still aren't ready to have that discussion.