Around The League Talk

RaidersAreOne

I would hope any team would be smart to not give up a first round pick for Wentz. I know he’s young and has talent but giving away a first would be awful. Seeing how he hasn’t been traded just shows you that other teams are not offering a first cause if they were he would be gone already.

23 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wonder how true this is.

I think it's true. If the eagles had a first round offer they would've pulled the trigger already. But his awful contact combined with his steep regression has teams probably balking at a 1st. Not to mention everyone knows they pretty much have to trade him. The relationship looks to be irreparably damaged and players on the team have already moved on from him as the leader. Receivers on the team are already meeting up and throwing with Jalen Hurts. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sad stuff coming out today:

Damn that is sad.... he was only a few years into retirement.... should have had a long time to enjoy life and do other things.

Any CoD? Whenever I see “in a hotel” it makes me think there could be some  “circumstances” involved.  I’m not trying to Talk bad about the dead and imply anything prematurely, just curious.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think it's true. If the eagles had a first round offer they would've pulled the trigger already. But his awful contact combined with his steep regression has teams probably balking at a 1st. Not to mention everyone knows they pretty much have to trade him. The relationship looks to be irreparably damaged and players on the team have already moved on from him as the leader. Receivers on the team are already meeting up and throwing with Jalen Hurts. 

The fact the WRs are working out with Hurts is very very telling of the route the team Will Go.

And yes the Eagles Almost have to trade him.... and Before the date (March 20th I thought I read a while Ago but could be wrong) when his $10M RB is due.

So teams will Probably try and wait and get him for a 2nd rounder as the timE before the 10M payment gets closer.

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would be wild.

Is this a valid source? I would hate that for McCaffrey. Have to go rot in Houston in his prime. He's such a fun player.

That said, Panthers showed they can win with out him. And props to Rhule not playing wanting to play safe if this is real. He's a winner, wants a winner at QB and wants to get after it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That's really crazy.  I hope it happens.  Always fun to see crazy stuff like that happy.  Plus it would mean that Watson is out of the AFC.

A lot of value in that. The AFC is packed with QB talent currently and likely getting Lawrence and possibly Fields/Wilson if the Jets draft one at 2. 

NFL right now is Brady, Rodgers, Wilson and everyone else.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

A lot of value in that. The AFC is packed with QB talent currently and likely getting Lawrence and possibly Fields/Wilson if the Jets draft one at 2. 

NFL right now is Brady, Rodgers, Wilson and everyone else.

Mahomes.  But yeah.  I don't want to have to worry about Watson in the playoffs when we already have to worry about Mahomes, Allen, Tannehill, Jackson, etc.  Just a really tough road to the SB.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Is this a valid source? I would hate that for McCaffrey. Have to go rot in Houston in his prime. He's such a fun player.

That said, Panthers showed they can win with out him. And props to Rhule not playing wanting to play safe if this is real. He's a winner, wants a winner at QB and wants to get after it. 

It's coming from an espn article asking for bold predictions from the guys covering each team. Seems like there's absolutely nothing concrete behind that.